Black Ops 3 Flat out unplayable without...

corrosiveguy

A Netduma.. Seriously

I mistakenly had my geo filter off last night, I had it enabled on the wrong console, I have several consoles. And I kept getting 50-85 ms games about 500-800Km outside my filter. I had trouble maintaining a 1.00 KD. Was in games with master prestiges etc. When I enabled my filter I was immediately put on the Chicao Dedi (live in cincinnati) with a 30ms ping, and was getting more of a mixed bag of ranks, but a lot of lower ranks. And I went 27-11 my first game with it enabled.

My conclusion is there is no way this game favors connection first match making. I seen the proof in my matching making last night with the geo filter disabled. This game still favors a SBMM first and connection second. When my filter was on it gave me a chicago dedi twice (i backed out and backed in for another test) with a better connection with it enabled.

Activision and Treyarch are so full of crap....

Actually, it's not SBMM.

It's the fact MM allows anybody from anywhere to connect to anybody + the terrible netcode (that has been officially verified and documented on video) that favors people with 56K-type connections + outdated server hardware and settings (30Hz tick rate) = A game meant for young players who aren't aware of any of these factors who think a bad game is a one-off and will continually grind in the delusional hope they will get better when that isn't possible given the subpar state the game is in.

A Netduma.. Seriously

I mistakenly had my geo filter off last night, I had it enabled on the wrong console, I have several consoles. And I kept getting 50-85 ms games about 500-800Km outside my filter. I had trouble maintaining a 1.00 KD. Was in games with master prestiges etc. When I enabled my filter I was immediately put on the Chicao Dedi (live in cincinnati) with a 30ms ping, and was getting more of a mixed bag of ranks, but a lot of lower ranks. And I went 27-11 my first game with it enabled.

My conclusion is there is no way this game favors connection first match making. I seen the proof in my matching making last night with the geo filter disabled. This game still favors a SBMM first and connection second. When my filter was on it gave me a chicago dedi twice (i backed out and backed in for another test) with a better connection with it enabled.

Activision and Treyarch are so full of crap....

Yeah i totally agree dude. I saw some posts saying a little while ago that it had been enabled and then a couple days later after some hotfixes it had been disabled but i deffo don't think it has been. Just my opinion like :)

Yeah i totally agree dude. I saw some posts saying a little while ago that it had been enabled and then a couple days later after some hotfixes it had been disabled but i deffo don't think it has been. Just my opinion like :)

It irritates me that Activision and Treyarch think they are smarter than the community. They have said repeatedly that Black Ops 3 that connection is the first determining factor in match making. But there is no way to call that bluff without a Netduma. I can see where the game was being hosted. So they would put me on hosts a 1000 miles away before putting me on a dedicated server 300-400 miles away. Netduma puts our matchmaking at connection first.

Anyway, I love how EA does things. I have never had a laggy game in Battlefront or Battlefield 4.. I cannot wait for Battlefield 5 in November, tired of COD shadyness

It is something I have definitely noticed as well. If I put on my Geo filter and set it to strict to a radius of about 1200km, I tend to get players with lower ranks in the lobby.

When I turn off the geo filter, I end up on dedicated servers with higher ranked players.

I think the Activision Netcode prioritises the time it takes you to drop into an active lobby or game. Then it looks at connection. So this is very dependent on the game mode you choose as well. TDM has the highest occurrence, Ground war, Dom etc.

Since the barrage of hotfixes starting last weekend the matchmaking has been a lot worse, more noticeable when I play solo. Also noticed a lot more overseas players being put into US dedis. Doesn't leave much hope for for DLC coming out next month, that's when thing usually get really bad as far as connections go. 

Since the barrage of hotfixes starting last weekend the matchmaking has been a lot worse, more noticeable when I play solo. Also noticed a lot more overseas players being put into US dedis. Doesn't leave much hope for for DLC coming out next month, that's when thing usually get really bad as far as connections go. 

Hit the nail on the head with that statement... :D

Actually, it's not SBMM.

It's the fact MM allows anybody from anywhere to connect to anybody + the terrible netcode (that has been officially verified and documented on video) that favors people with 56K-type connections + outdated server hardware and settings (30Hz tick rate) = A game meant for young players who aren't aware of any of these factors who think a bad game is a one-off and will continually grind in the delusional hope they will get better when that isn't possible given the subpar state the game is in.

This guy is dead on right.

In that case, I am glad I have a Netduma that forces where I connect. Otherwise I wouldn't play this game anymore.. To much lag without the geo filter

In that case, I am glad I have a Netduma that forces where I connect. Otherwise I wouldn't play this game anymore.. To much lag without the geo filter

Lol you guys said it right... My last video I posted is just me whining like a little baby back B*tch about the match making in this game..

I hate to be that person but, being a solo player (90% of the time) It is EXTREMELY Rare when I find lobbies where I'm not back-packing my team.. I think the majority of these issues also deals with playing against others in full parties. for example lets say the full party has (three good players, two somewhat okay/goes even players and a Timmy no thumbs with them.) They will get instant noob lobbies, Everytime. This is sadly where they throw good/skilled players on the random team of people playing pocket pool with themselves. (Thus much rage...)

Mercenary playlist is the best bet to ignore most of this, but lets get real that gets old pretty quick.

Archived