BO3 Netcode analysis, very interesting

ltr7

So after watching this video I want to connect to a UK server while i'm in the States. How can I do that on my netduma. I have put my geo filter i the UK but I don't connect to anybody?

From what I can tell the matchmaking still tries to connect you to a dedi that's reasonably close to you. It may not ever try to connect you to a UK server no matter what if it's too far away.

All the geo filter will do is allow it IF it tries to connect you to one within that range. If it never even tries it won't even have that opportunity.

So after watching this video I want to connect to a UK server while i'm in the States. How can I do that on my netduma. I have put my geo filter i the UK but I don't connect to anybody?

I live in San Diego.  I play with friends (mostly east coast US).  On a few rare occasions when the party leader is in the north, eastern US, we have been put into games with UK servers.  This usually happens between midnight and early morning EST.  The ping was around 150-200mS for all of us and the connection was very inconsistent to absolutely horrible.  Because of the extreme distance and connection, the games are not good doing this.  Therefore, I don't recommend doing this.

I live in San Diego.  I play with friends (mostly east coast US).  On a few rare occasions when the party leader is in the north, eastern US, we have been put into games with UK servers.  This usually happens between midnight and early morning EST.  The ping was around 150-200mS for all of us and the connection was very inconsistent to absolutely horrible.  Because of the extreme distance and connection, the games are not good doing this.  Therefore, I don't recommend doing this.

The interesting part (for me) is you mentioned it happens mostly in the early mornings... Probably when the player population is at its lowest? So, the MM is probably more lax and allows anybody to play with anybody (regardless, of location) if there aren't enough local players? Many have suspected this, but this pretty much confirms it.

Also, I live on the East Coast, and I can choose to play on EU servers if I want... Not that I want to, but I'm guessing it depends on your connection and how your ISP routes the signal?

Yes, we assumed the MM put us in UK servers due to the player count.  In these cases, we try to switch to a party leader that is further west.  We try to avoid making my party leader because the CA servers are terrible. 

1) Place your Geo Filter over the UK, presumably the south end as I know there is a server there.

2) Shrink your Geo Filter to a smaller size so you are ONLY covering the UK (or where you want to play)

3) Insure that 'STRICT' is enabled

4) Ping Assist set to '0' (That's ZERO, as in NONE)

5a) Wait for the 2 minute anti cheat to take hold

and THEN....

5b) Turn your system on and wait for the MP to populate inside the Geo Filter.

I have done this both here in the US, in South America and in the UK when I played with The Reverend Bagsta over there.  Success rate is about 90% first time out of the gate*.

*We did run into issues with NAT type though and never did isolate the individual cause, so player beware.

Archived