Xbox 1, Destiny, nothing in the geo filter server map

So I've been on quite an odyssey getting Netduma R1 to work. I won't get into all the specifics. I have PS4 and xbox1. I have open NAT on xbox, NAT type 2 on ps4. The geo filter works fine on ps4. Xbox is different. I have to disable geo just to log in. I get a config file download error. In orbit I enable geo. I load the tower I see no servers on screen. When I try crucible I get the same issue. Any tips for Xbox?

FYI I have tried clearing the Xbox MAC address, 5 min clear cache, basically every topic post I can find. Still no resolution. Thank you.

• Netduma Staff

Generally I see nothing on the map. Sometimes I see one or 2 servers when I load the tower. When I load crucible I see no servers. The config file error is on the destiny loading screen when geo filter is enabled.

Are you using Google Chrome (or something other than Internet Explorer) as your browser? :)

I'm using chrome. FYI I have never seen servers on my Xbox. I'm running the latest firmware. Arris nvg589 setup for ip pass through, basic and advanced setup for R1, I followed all steps for getting open NAT for Xbox, all steps for geo filter settings. I really don't understand. Xbox is a finicky beast to setup and maintain an open NAT on a daily basis. One thing I have not seen is when you add a service. The instructions show Xbox Live PA. Mine shows Xbox Live. I'll take screen shots of the Xbox error and my settings. I'm at a loss to get this working.

Update: I turned on my Xbox I had a moderate NAT. I did a 5 min clear cache. I checked all setting in Netduma. I found cloud settings not checked. Booted up Xbox. I had open NAT and the GEO functioned correctly during my play time. I will update tonight. I hope my NAT continues to be open.

I saw similar behavior. I had set up geofiltering for xbox before updating to 1.03.4. I followed the instructions at http://wiki.netduma.com/doku.php?id=why_can_t_i_see_anything_on_the_geofilter, http://forum.netduma.com/topic/1653-destiny-update/ (and links contained therein), and here, and ended up rebooting the router but not my xbox. Not sure exactly what the problem was, or how exactly I fixed it, but geofiltering appears to be working now.

Forgot to mention in my previous post, I configured my xbox for geofiltering, changed my xbox configuration to be static IP, then updated to 1.03.4, followed the instructions to get geofiltering working with destiny, and then saw the same problem as OP. Changing my xbox device to PS4 in geofiltering, creating a new xbox device in geofiltering, and rebooting the router seemed to fix things somehow.

Archived