HELP!! NetDuma not functioning properly

Hello,

I am having a problem with my Netduma.

1. when booted without the modem cat5 cable I can connect to the configure page. (192.168.88.1)

1a. If I then plug in the modem cable into any port I get no internet.

1b. This happens if i am plugged into the NetDuma via a cat5 or using Wi-Fi

2. When booted with the modem cable I get internet

2a. I cannot reach the configure page (192.168.88.1)

2b. I cannot ping the configure page IP (192.168.88.1)

2c. When I do an "ipconfig" i get the dhcp settings (this includes gateway) of the service providers router/modem plugged into the NetDuma

2d. This happens if I have static WAN settings or dhcp configured for the NetDuma

3. I have unplugged and reset the NetDuma multiple times

3a. It was working perfectly before today

3b. I have not been able to identify any change in my environment

Conclusions I have reached so far;

1. When the modem/router cable is plugged into the NetDuma at boot the hardware acts like a switch or hub

2. When no modem/router cable is plugged into the NetDuma at boot it defauts to its own DHCP and ip settings

3. The mode that the NetDuma is in after initial boot remains until it boots again nothing if i tested changes this.

I need help to resolve this problem or replace this router.

I'm having the same problem i can't get into the configuration page I was trying 2 do a 1 on 1 with Frazer for speed issue that I been trying 2 get fix for over a month and he didn't know what was going on so I was trying 2 get my router replace he telling me 2 email netduma they telling me to go to the forum so good luck trying 2 get ur router replace

• Administrators

I'm having the same problem i can't get into the configuration page I was trying 2 do a 1 on 1 with Frazer for speed issue that I been trying 2 get fix for over a month and he didn't know what was going on so I was trying 2 get my router replace he telling me 2 email netduma they telling me to go to the forum so good luck trying 2 get ur router replace

I think you misunderstood, the email you got back was an auto response. Your email has not yet been replied to. I have thought about your particular issue. When you're connected to the "Netduma R1" wifi change the wifi password on your hub and see if you lose internet.

Hello,

I am having a problem with my Netduma.

1. when booted without the modem cat5 cable I can connect to the configure page. (192.168.88.1)

1a. If I then plug in the modem cable into any port I get no internet.

1b. This happens if i am plugged into the NetDuma via a cat5 or using Wi-Fi

2. When booted with the modem cable I get internet

2a. I cannot reach the configure page (192.168.88.1)

2b. I cannot ping the configure page IP (192.168.88.1)

2c. When I do an "ipconfig" i get the dhcp settings (this includes gateway) of the service providers router/modem plugged into the NetDuma

2d. This happens if I have static WAN settings or dhcp configured for the NetDuma

3. I have unplugged and reset the NetDuma multiple times

3a. It was working perfectly before today

3b. I have not been able to identify any change in my environment

Conclusions I have reached so far;

1. When the modem/router cable is plugged into the NetDuma at boot the hardware acts like a switch or hub

2. When no modem/router cable is plugged into the NetDuma at boot it defauts to its own DHCP and ip settings

3. The mode that the NetDuma is in after initial boot remains until it boots again nothing if i tested changes this.

I need help to resolve this problem or replace this router.

Can you isolate the router like this and access the interface. Can you then check WAN settings and see if static is enabled. If so disable it. Also check LAN settings and see if the LAN host address is not 88.1 and see if DHCP is enabled with range being 100-250. 

Fraser,  you have given me the answer to the problem inadvertently.

It seems that this was not the fault of the NetDuma but mine.

The problem was the the service providers hub/router/modem was NOT plugged into port 1 but in the other ports which i now know act as a switch/hub.

after confirming with the documentation on the WIKI it now works as intended. it seems that after speaking with my wife the service provider came over and during their work moved the cable to a different port.

• Netduma Staff

Fraser,  you have given me the answer to the problem inadvertently.

It seems that this was not the fault of the NetDuma but mine.

The problem was the the service providers hub/router/modem was NOT plugged into port 1 but in the other ports which i now know act as a switch/hub.

after confirming with the documentation on the WIKI it now works as intended. it seems that after speaking with my wife the service provider came over and during their work moved the cable to a different port.

Are your problems sorted now S7stem? :)

Archived