Setting up with existing Router

I have fiber gigabit internet and my Linksys EA8500 works great at delegating the connection to all of my devices. I just need the Netduma to utilize the geofiltering. I have read quite a few posts but haven't figured out what is going on wrong with the setup I have attempted.

I assume it should be as is below but when connecting to XB1 I get "DNS isn't resoving xbox server names" error and can't connect.

Modem -> Linksys EA8500 -> Netduma R1 (port 1) -> XB1 Console

I have a separate laptop wired to the netduma so I can use the interface. For some reason I can't get the WAN to work on my primary network although the directions seem quite easy.

I have DMZ set to the MAC address of the Netduma (E4:8D:8C:D0:4C:24) because there is not IP address assigned. Maybe that is the problem?

Can someone help with setting this up?

Hey, welcome to the forum :)

Can you make sure the Xbox is set to obtain the DNS servers automatically. Also is there a number after 'WAN IP' in device manager on the Netduma?

It is set that way yes. Also the Wan IP address is 10.0.1.2 and when I put it in the address bar in my firefox browser on the computer that is utilizing wifi through my main Linksys router, it won't connect.

• Administrators

Is this via wire? If so Xbox has the following solution, can you try this please

It is set that way yes. Also the Wan IP address is 10.0.1.2 and when I put it in the address bar in my firefox browser on the computer that is utilizing wifi through my main Linksys router, it won't connect.

The WAN IP is what you would put into your Linksys, but as it does it via MAC address thats not needed.

Click the blue box and that should take you to your Linksys interface, you don't get to it via the WAN IP. 

Is this via wire? If so Xbox has the following solution, can you try this please

The WAN IP is what you would put into your Linksys, but as it does it via MAC address thats not needed.

Click the blue box and that should take you to your Linksys interface, you don't get to it via the WAN IP. 

It is via wired and that didn't help.

Also, where in the linksys would I put the WAN address of the Netduma? I have a feeling the 10.0.1.2 isn't correct anyways. When connected to the Netduma interface, connection to the internet is not available. In other words I can only connect to the interface, so when I hit the blue box it will not load anything.

• Netduma Staff

It is via wired and that didn't help.

Also, where in the linksys would I put the WAN address of the Netduma? I have a feeling the 10.0.1.2 isn't correct anyways. When connected to the Netduma interface, connection to the internet is not available. In other words I can only connect to the interface, so when I hit the blue box it will not load anything.

What is the IP to connect to your linksy router?

Archived