Anybody else having issues tonight?

bagsta69

I'm having no luck today! I've just fied up my PS3 for the first time since I've had my R1 to play some BO2. My console is upstairs playing wirelessly. At first I couldn't get in a single lobby, then I remembered I had my conjestion control set to give my upstairs PS4 the juice, so I quickly changed it over to prioritise the PS3. I still couldn't find a lobby? I then increased my Geo-filter range to more than double my original setting and also doubled Ping assist. Finally... I can find a lobby!

But wait... EVERY single lobby I get kicked from? And not only that, the Lag in game is unreal!

Each game it's telling me it's migrating hosts, but I seem to be the only one getting kicked? It never actually migrates host, it just sends me back to the main menu? That's when it says 'Migrating Host', the rest of the time I'm disconnected from the servers and booted back to the main menu?

I've give up!! Every game I play leads to a 5min probation! SO FRUSTRATING!!! :(

Guest Netduma Fraser

I'm having no luck today! I've just fied up my PS3 for the first time since I've had my R1 to play some BO2. My console is upstairs playing wirelessly. At first I couldn't get in a single lobby, then I remembered I had my conjestion control set to give my upstairs PS4 the juice, so I quickly changed it over to prioritise the PS3. I still couldn't find a lobby? I then increased my Geo-filter range to more than double my original setting and also doubled Ping assist. Finally... I can find a lobby!

But wait... EVERY single lobby I get kicked from? And not only that, the Lag in game is unreal!

Each game it's telling me it's migrating hosts, but I seem to be the only one getting kicked? It never actually migrates host, it just sends me back to the main menu? That's when it says 'Migrating Host', the rest of the time I'm disconnected from the servers and booted back to the main menu?

I've give up!! Every game I play leads to a 5min probation! SO FRUSTRATING!!! :(

Hey Doggin sorry to hear that. We always recommend gaming using wired rather than wireless, but it sounds like you have to go wireless due to its location. You mention you had the PS4 getting all the juice in CC, did you perhaps also have the PS4 enabled on the Geo-filter rather than the PS3? Otherwise, did you look at the Geo-filter whilst this was happening? Did you see any padlocks?

Hey Doggin sorry to hear that. We always recommend gaming using wired rather than wireless, but it sounds like you have to go wireless due to its location. You mention you had the PS4 getting all the juice in CC, did you perhaps also have the PS4 enabled on the Geo-filter rather than the PS3? Otherwise, did you look at the Geo-filter whilst this was happening? Did you see any padlocks?

I have my main PS4 wire connected downstairs, just my consoles upstairs that are wireless. I was going to run wires through the house, but I'm going to be moving soon and don't see the point now till I move. I don't have a problem with my PS4 downstairs! The connection on that is godly!

I did have all 3 device's enabled when I was trying to play the PS3. My PC, where I always connect to the modem is downstairs, so I was unable to see what was going on with hosts/padlocks etc.

I just kept popping downstairs to alter my settings!

Guest Netduma Fraser

I have my main PS4 wire connected downstairs, just my consoles upstairs that are wireless. I was going to run wires through the house, but I'm going to be moving soon and don't see the point now till I move. I don't have a problem with my PS4 downstairs! The connection on that is godly!

I did have all 3 device's enabled when I was trying to play the PS3. My PC, where I always connect to the modem is downstairs, so I was unable to see what was going on with hosts/padlocks etc.

I just kept popping downstairs to alter my settings!

Right I think I can spot the issue, of the 3 that you had enabled did some have the non PA versions and some PA versions? If so make sure you enable only the one you're using at the time. I seem to remember having both PA and a non PA version enabled or even selected at the same time can cause issues. 

Try disabling all but what youre using or choosing other devices that are not gaming related so the services are cleared and only the one youre using at the time is enabled :) 

Hey Akic,

You guys should just try move to other dedi clusters. One of our fist customers pollutionblues says he prefers to get the Netherlands ones. So perhaps pitch tent in the Netherlands and see how like the feel of them!

I'll give it a go.  It's funny how everyone (including me) used to complain about the lack of dedis and now with the R1 I wish they'd turn them all off :)

Cheers Iain

Right I think I can spot the issue, of the 3 that you had enabled did some have the non PA versions and some PA versions? If so make sure you enable only the one you're using at the time. I seem to remember having both PA and a non PA version enabled or even selected at the same time can cause issues. 

Try disabling all but what youre using or choosing other devices that are not gaming related so the services are cleared and only the one youre using at the time is enabled :)

I did have PA selected on all 3 devices, although I didn't try disabling any of them! I try only enabling the PS3 next time! :)

Guest Netduma Fraser

I did have PA selected on all 3 devices, although I didn't try disabling any of them! I try only enabling the PS3 next time! :)

Okay, then there shouldnt be an issue as you only had PA and not a mixture. I dont think that will work but let us know and we can help further :)

Archived