How do you change NAT type off of "Strict"?

shantzonpoint

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Netduma Fraser

Since hooking up this router my NAT type has been changed to strict. How do you change it back to normal?

What console are you experiencing this with?

Guest Netduma Fraser

Go to your device manager on the R1, do you see the blue box? It says "We have detected you are connected to another router (as opposed to a modem)" etc

Guest Netduma Fraser

That means you're connected to another router, you need to have port forwarding on your ISP router. The R1 does its best to open ports on your ISP router but sometimes this is not always possible. Before we go any further, can you disable the Geo-filter and see if that fixes your NAT issue?

Guest Netduma Fraser

No worries! On your Geo-filter, make sure any devices/services you have selected are disabled i.e. all the buttons underneath say enable. If you need any help I can upload a picture of what this should look like :)

Guest Netduma_Iain

Ok this could be a couple issues. Could you select "Settings->UPnP" and take a screenshot please. Then post here, and I can help from there.

Guest Netduma_Iain

Ok don't worry, I know this seems like your classic tech support. But I think your router is in a confused state because its trying to port forward to two different addresses. Maybe you fiddled with the network settings on the xbox :)

1. I'd suggest you switch off the xbox. Then pull the plug out the xbox so its definitely off
  2. Pull the power out of the Netduma router, wait 10 seconds then put it back
  3. Make sure the geo-filter is turned off
  4. Then wait 30 seconds and turn on your xbox
  5. Check your NAT

Let me know how you get on :)

Guest Netduma_Iain

Ok cool, we're nearly there :) Your geo-filter is switched off right? If so I think I have the solution. Could you post your "Settings->UpnP" screenshot now please

Archived