i think my router dont work or its broken

okay I got my netduma r1 yesterday. I did everything the guide told me to do. So when I got it running it was running firm 1.03.3 I had my laptop showing me the Geo-filter has I was playing on my Xbox 1 but it never showed me any thing, so it took me hrs just to see what I was doing wrong, I look at videos, I just didn't know what I was doing wrong so I noticed that there was a update so i updated 1.03.5 to see if that was the case but no. So i saw this video where this guy had this same issue I had one was when i first started the router couldn't find me on the map. So I did what he did to see if this would work for me. I unplug my modem but had my netduma and my laptop on and push reboot router on accident instead of factory reset. So when it come back on none of my devices would connect to Netduma R1 and i still can't get it to work now. i tried rebooting it again but nothing , i also tried un powering the router for a few mins to see if that would work but when i pluged it back in and powered it up, I still couldn't connect to anything. Please help me A.S.A.P.  is there anybody that can help me with is router  or somebody that i can talk to about this. i think it is broken or something. its not working. I paid $217.00 for this and had to wait 7-10 days to get it and for this to happen is so frustrating. I'm sorry for this. PLEASE HELP ME! Thank you!!! Juan Reyna

• Netduma Staff

Hey Juan, welcome to the forum :)

So if I understand right you can't see anything showing up on the GeoFilter map?

Can you check a few things.

• You are using Google Chrome as your browser.
  • You have added the device correctly (if you're not sure take a screen shot of the top of the GeoFilter and post it here).
  • You have the right device added.
  • You have any adblock disabled (doesn't usually cause problems but just in case).

no!  I'm using internet explorer

Hi there - Internet Explorer has some bugs, so Duma recommends Chrome as it just seems to work for everything internet.  Give that a try first and see how you make out. 

• Administrators

okay I got it to work on google chrome thanks but my devices don't want to connect to netdume router though how do I fix that

Is this via wifi or ethernet? They should definitely connect through ethernet so please try that. If wifi disable wifi workaround from settings > miscellaneous. If you did a factory reset the wifi password will be "netdumar1" so try that

So your XB1 is hard wired, but it sounds like the other devices are connecting over the wifi.  You will need to uncheck the box Fraser mentioned above.

Settings tab on left side of screen, pop out to select miscellanous, this will open a new page for you on the interface.  You will see a row of check marks that are usually green.  You need to UNTICK the one next to "Wifi workaround".

Then see if any of the devices can connect.  I suspect most of them will, but you may need to restart one or two.

the password you give me worked that's weird! Thanks you! Can you please tell me how I should have my Miscellaneous setup for Black Ops 3. I just want to be sure I set it up right to have the best performance.

• Netduma Staff

the password you give me worked that's weird! Thanks you! Can you please tell me how I should have my Miscellaneous setup for Black Ops 3. I just want to be sure I set it up right to have the best performance.

Depends on what your speeds are. I'd suggest going through this settings to get the settings correct at first :)

Archived