Comcast voice and data Modem Help. With new R1

So where to begin, Well lets see-Recieved my new R1 a week or so ago and at that time I was using Windsteram as my ISP, Since then the family has switched to Comcast Xfinity service. With the old ISP(Windstream),  I set the Duma up as per the specific instructions contained in the box along with some help from the startup links provided here on the site . I will say i noticed a very dramatic increased in performance but, was still convinced I wasn't set to optimal settings, worked well but still didn't perform as I had expected. I have done all the research I could possibly do to get the Duma to perform as expected. This all is from a week ago, I will say that my speed thru Windstream was extremely low with a speed of maybe 12Mbps and a download of maybe 4.5. As you can see very weak in my area. Thus making a move to a different company a must for online gaming.  So with this said, I had changed the settings in the Windstream some, the pop up for the WAN IP came up on the Duma interface and I linked myself over to the Windstream interface where I changed the WAN IP to the one listed on the NetDuma's interface. This made things a bit better but still not IMO to what I could achieve. As per the forum here, some had said that you may need to put the current ISP interface into Bridge mode, which I tried doing with a horrible result in lost connection all together and very slow WIFI thru the R1. So with this said I reset the modem to Disable the Bridge and wen't on my way with what I had previous. Just the change of the WAN IP. This worked ok like before but, not as expected. Sorry for the long past history but think I needed to State what was done so everyone is on the same page. So that was then and next will be now.

So as of Yesterday we had comcast installed. Everything went as expected for the setup. Goal accomplished, new internet installed. Did a few tests and wow, I had awesome connection. speed was way better and download and upload was much better than previous ISP's. got between 12-15 Ping, 7 and19.58 download and between 0.08 and 0.28 upload. not awesome but way better than before. So at this point my next goal of installing the ND R1. so as stated above i followed the links and the startup guide to a T. did the WAN IP change as prompted to do so. Now at this point things seemed to be doing well for the install, ND interface working Host filtering working seemed ok, Played several games on my own with awesome results, Black Ops 3. seemed good. Tried to bump it up a bit and have my son go on his PS4 and try to do some party games. Same game Black Ops 3. Now here is where the cange came on. Started to lag unbelievably. status bar which was once maxed green started to drop into the yellow and then finally the dreaded red single bar which the world of gaming hates to see, and why we decided to thy the NetDuma. At this point all wireless devices started to lag and page loading was nonexistent, all devices including hard wired gaming laptop.

So after work today came home to trouble shoot my issues. Tried numerous things to fix my issues with no help other than becoming frustrated with comcast after 5 hours on the phone with them, multiple resets on their end and mine. Issue still wasn't resolved  after 5 hrs. of tech support with the support agent telling me its a hardware issue and they will send someone out in a few days, what a bummer. They did however fix a speed problem with the modem I was quoted as to have boost to 75Mbps and to 5 download. Well, not sure what was up but, i was only getting 25Mbps. So with this said they upgraded us due to their error to 150Mbps and out to 10 download with no extra charges due to their error. so at this point limited internet thru the R1, very slow and long page upload time with speed tests that were taking a few minutes to complete. After the phone conversation that got me no where I decided to try to fix the issue again and at this point I hard reset the Cable box not the comcast modum the cable box itself, disconnected the NetDuma R1 from the Comcast modem and hard lined my laptop and Xbox one into the Comcast Modem. Well poof the problem was fixed full cable again and internet blazing speed. test results as followed 9 to 11 ping, 108.29 download and 12.40 upload wirelessly and 11 ping, 120.30 download and 12.31 hardwired. So ya Blazing speed for us here. so without the NetDuma this is what we have right now. So Please help. I want this R1 to work in the wort way, but I am not sure where to turn as my heads spinning and 6 hours of trouble shooting and tech support has me In not the best of moods. I will post what hardware modem I have and need all the help I can get. Being this is what I have found to be the only place to turn You all get to hear my drawn out story, but I really do appreciate all  the help I can get. At this point I feel I can't fix this on my own and need help. so I will post the modem and what speed I was given below

Comcast Xfinity Modem Voice and Data ARTG1682G

Speed that was Quoted Boosted to 150Mbps

Download speed to 10

Please Help, Thanks so much for reading this lengthy post and will try to check tomorrow for answers or where else I can be directed, feel If i try again I will only fail and get more frustrated, did try to Bridge also prior to the new boost speed with lockout as result, have not bridged this new speed nor put in a new WAN IP if directed following this boost they just gave me, Thanks again

Played several games on my own with awesome results, Black Ops 3. seemed good. Tried to bump it up a bit and have my son go on his PS4 and try to do some party games. Same game Black Ops 3. Now here is where the cange came on.

Bump what up?  Were you change settings so your son could play on the PS4 at the same time as you are playing on the XB1?

So with this said they upgraded us due to their error to 150Mbps and out to 10 download with no extra charges due to their error.

What?  You have up to 150 max, but 10 download is guaranteed?  I don't understand what this means, unless you meant to say upload?

It appears speed is your number one issue, or rather speed through the Duma.  

I am going to assume based on your writing that you have done some research, which is how you got here in the first place.  

1) If you haven't upgraded your software, you will need to do so here

2) Can I safely assume that you understand if you move the sliders to preserver headspace for game play, you realize that you are limiting the speeds through the Duma, thus you are limiting everything connected to the Duma in this fashion?

Upgraded, but do you have Turbo mode ticked, or unticked?  Can you post some information like this ===>  url=http://wiki.netduma.com/doku.php?id=lag_support_instructionsfor lag specific issues?

• Netduma Staff

Also slow page loading sounds like maybe you're using device prioritisation? In the latest version it is buggy - press reset device prioritisation.

I found it understand to understand all the problems you are still having, so please can you list the specific problems you are still having through the Netduma.

Thank you for the replies. As you can tell I have got to a point of severe frustration with the ISP as well as trying to get some help here. I do appreciate your time in helping me thru this issue. Now I have a issue with the actual ISP and currently running just their modem. Until my speed issue is fixed with Comcast I am unable to try your suggestions. I assure you I will as soon as the issue is resolved.

Bump it up a bit -was just my way of saying I set a party up with my son and myself on 2 different PS4's within the same game, we have 2 PS4's in different rooms both at the time were run thru the NetDuma R1. Wanted to push the system some to test results. Just my expression of congesting the system some. Both devices being used at the same time thru the NetDuma.

Yes stated up and down backwards, after 6 hours of working with the ISP. My head was spinning and wanted to get a thread in before bed so tonight could work some more on the problem. Sorry for the error. Yes the quoted speeds were as followed and reconfirmed this evening with more ISP Tech support. It's their blast service from Comcast with the speeds quoted as being out to 150 download and 10 upload.

Yes I understand and No I have not messed with the sliders.

Yes was in fact using device prioritazation in this case.

Had what I thought was the latest software but in fact after doing some searching found that indeed did not have the latest software. Your post confirmed this.

So at this point:

Resolve ISP Problems with speed first

Download latest software

Reset device prioritazation

Reconfigure settings as described in the few posts above

Make sure turbo mode is enabled

Follow all instructions you have provided for me

Have I missed anything?

Make sure open NAT's in al consoles?

Bridge mode on ISP Modem?

Thanks again for your time, really didn't mean to get stern with you folks just frustration and no help for a while had me at a wall where I had no where to turn. I assure you I really do thank you for getting me options and troubleshooting guides to help. Thanks again.

If you can put your ISP hub in modem mode I would do that, or bridge it or put the duma in DMZ then you should have an open NAT, just let UPnP do its thing. Hopefully you'll all be sorted after that :)

Well update, did all of the above suggestions. Did get speed finally thru the NetDuma, acually right at what I got while testing without the NetDuma connected. Thought I was finally set to go but, tried going online to try out with a few games. Full green status bar but, still lag.

Currently back to ISP modem. Not sure what to try next.

• Netduma Staff

Well update, did all of the above suggestions. Did get speed finally thru the NetDuma, acually right at what I got while testing without the NetDuma connected. Thought I was finally set to go but, tried going online to try out with a few games. Full green status bar but, still lag.

Currently back to ISP modem. Not sure what to try next.

If you're having lag problems, post all the information from here.

Archived