Detailed Video Needed

RADDY1993

Guys i think someone needs to make a detailed video showing all the features and their functions and how best to use them. Iknow there are some videos showing different parts of the router but i have not seen one with all the features and functions fully explained. Take me for instance i git my Netduma R1 yesterday and must of made 6-7 threads asking questions on things that could be explained in a detailed video, i know all the creators are very busy but there are some members here that are very knowledgeable in the workings of the Netduma R1 and all its settings. I think this would ease the amount of threads being started and repetitive questions being answered by the owners and other members. So this is just a thought and my opinion, if you feel this idea is good then just post your answer below and if its a popular response  then im sure someone will make one so every new member can be refered to this video first and hopefully find the answer they wanted without making lots of threads.

Guest Netduma Fraser

That's a very good idea :) we are going to start making more videos very soon! perhaps you guys could suggest some topics that you would like us to cover most?

We are also in the process of making a wiki page and translating it, we are more than happy to hear any suggestions to improve that as well :)

http://www.wiki.netduma.com/doku.php?id=start

I think a "here is your box with your R1 inside, this is how you connect it to your modem/existing router" followed by a "this is the basic settings to get stuff working" may be helpful :)

Made in a manner that literally explains stuff some of us take for granted but many people have probably never heard of before.

That's a very good idea :) we are going to start making more videos very soon! perhaps you guys could suggest some topics that you would like us to cover most?

We are also in the process of making a wiki page and translating it, we are more than happy to hear any suggestions to improve that as well :)

http://www.wiki.netduma.com/doku.php?id=start

That link is not working for me m8.

I think the main topic to cover is the Geo-Filter page as thats where i see most peoples questions aimed at and most probably where most people get their settings wrong resulting in non optimised games. For me i set my geo-filter just over the uk and not Ireland but always get a dedicated server on the south coast. I have tried the middle of the ocean tactic and let PA do its thing but still i get that server lol, its not a bad thing really as its a rock steady 30ms but i just never know if im missing that insane lobby like 20 and below, but as my ping is around the 30ms does that mean i will only ever get that as my lowest ping game or is it possible to get a lower ping in a game than my ping test actually shows. 

As well please keep in mind us PC Gamers when creating the Video and state/show the differences when updating a box etc...  Benefits for Console vs PC while recording your video.

Its ri

Hi Raddy, I get that dedi a lot as well, sometimes its ok and others it's terrible. Your ping is the last hop to your house so thats the lowest ping you will ever get if that makes sense.

Yeah its right near me as im in Hastings, i have just been moved to a new line by BT so im still in DLM i was getting a 9-10 ping before the line change as im on Sky fibre. Im sure once DLM has finished and i sync at my proper speeds my ping will drop, i can see im in DLM as i have a ASUS top of the line router/modem and it shows my path mode is interleaved. The old sky hub was so crap i had to ditch it :).

Im up t north lad, I get 34ms solid which isnt to bad on BT fttc. there is another dedi I connect to a lot in Northern France too but when I connect to another user host the game plays way smoother :)

Guest Netduma_Iain

Just to get back on topic ;)

I think our customers are great, very patient and understanding. I've been thinking recently, why are some of them having a harder time then others. I think I've come to a conclusion, most people don't really know what lag is. The Duma provides you with ways of mitigating the root causes. If you read this article, its a bit of a bore fest but I really think understanding the concepts makes a huge difference in letting you get the most out of it.

Should we try move this article to a video series? 

Yes i can get games on 50-70ms and they are still smooth and on point but i think everyone strives to get a low ping host/server. As for moving this yes if it's in video's hopefully someone will see it and make that all important video, i have no where near enough knowledge in this area to make a detailed video but there are some like 

simjc74 who does make some videos on the Netduma but not really a full guide as to show each element and setting and the differences each setting can bring to the optimal  game and connection.

When you guys do the vid's you should IMO do a vid for every thing on the duma,from GF to cloud settings and everything in between.And also include your recommended settings for each said category as a starting point and then make some vid's that are more advanced as people become more familiar with their duma.

As i've said before you guys are extremely knowledgeable when it comes to this stuff and lots of people (myself included) get lost occasionally.I'll give you an example,i can teach someone to fly in a couple of hours.But let's see you guys teach someone to code in a couple of hours,yeah not gonna happen.So if you start with the basics and go to the more advanced stuff people can move at their own pace,and as their comfort and confidence level's rise.And hopefully the vid's might cut down on the support for you guys.

Archived