slow speeds through ps4

Last night did a speedtest through my ps4 browser and the speeds were very slow. I usually play FIFA16 and was prior to test experiencing some lag. I have followed the wiki guide for FIFA and my duma is up to date with firmware. Done more speedtesting this morning and have managed to speed things up by having both sliders at 100% and device prioritisation at reset (equal share for all attached devices) Sorry I'm very much a noob on this tech but have followed all the wiki guides and things have been ok before, any advice? My speed through pc are 135 down, 12 up. Through ps4 with sliders at 70% and device at 80 on ps4 3.6 down 2.6 up. I'm running my duma off a virgin media superhub which is in modem mode.   

If you connect a PC wired to the Netduma, what speeds do you get?

135mbps down & 12 up. I only play on my ps4 when nobody else is using any other devices. I use my tablet just to alter duma while gaming 

• Netduma Staff

135mbps down & 12 up. I only play on my ps4 when nobody else is using any other devices. I use my tablet just to alter duma while gaming 

Maybe the speedtest on the PS4 is just not accurate then? Usually it isn't very reliable?

Surely all the speedtests are relevant, maybe not accurate. Speedtest done where sliders are set a 100% and Device prioritisation set a reset  gives best speed, when set-up to your optimum setting 70% both sliders and Device prioritisation set between 60 - 80 gives me the worst speeds by far! Also the speedtest was not done the the ps4 own speedtest facility it was done by the testmy.net on the ps4 broswers, may I also say that the gameplay improved with what should be the poorer settings ie the faster speeds. 

• Netduma Staff

Device prioritisation is buggy on this version so press reset distribution and leave it. Tests on the console aren't accurate.

Setting to 70% is supposed to slow the speeds.

Speed has nothing to do with gaming so it is most likely coincidence that the game played better. Having it set to 70% won't improve the gameplay. It will just stop it being degraded by local congestion.

Archived