VPN problems

Ok so I'm having a issue with the VPN setup the problem I'm having is I'm connected to a VPN server on hidemyass then I connect to the same one on the netduma but when I get on Xbox and try to play I start having some major problems as in it takes me for ever to play mutilplayer and then when I get into a lobby I might get kicked then if I actually get into the game the lag is just terrible. What do I do to fix this? This has just been happening since I tried to set up the VPN I usually never have any issues

• Netduma Staff

Hey, welcome to the forum :)

This sounds like a common VPN issue. Playing through a VPN, especially one like HMA which isn't for gaming will cause lag and trouble getting onto games. Even using a VPN specifically for gaming can still be laggy.

You would be best off considering if you really need your console going through then VPN and if you do, finding one specifically for gaming.

• Administrators

Hi just to add to Soakes,

Unfortunately the VPN-Hybrid feature only works for PC games. If you want to play VPN on a console you need to try find a very low ping provider (bandwidth is not important). I would highly recommend not using a VPN unless you have a good reason to do so (e.g. getting cheated very frequently online).

If you still want to use a VPN for your console make sure to ask VPNs for free trials as you could waste money trying to find a good provider.

Happy holidays!

Archived