network monitor throwing error in devices.js?version=1.03.5m line 251

Hi

The download monitor page is throwing an unmatched ip error which stops the monitor from updating/working on line 251 devices.js

Error: unmatched IP 192.168.1.253
    at http://192.168.1.1/js/devices.js?version=1.03.5m:251:39
From previous event:
    at device_manager.select (http://192.168.1.1/js/devices.js?version=1.03.5m:249:28)
    at http://192.168.1.1/js/pages/monitor.js?version=1.03.5m:517:17
    at Array.map (native)
    at resolve_host_class (http://192.168.1.1/js/pages/monitor.js?version=1.03.5m:513:24)

192.168.1.253 is the wan interface ip (manually entered, different mac than lan if), 192.168.1.1 is the lan if ip running dhcpd

dmz on 253 sitting behind the dsl wifi router (254) which is the gateway

working well apart from that on 1.05.5m

post-5802-0-45889000-1451075702_thumb.png

post-5802-0-83749400-1451075722_thumb.png

post-5802-0-14276600-1451075739_thumb.png

• Netduma Staff

Hi

I rebooted it, but that doesn't fix it.

No, 253 isn't showing up in device manager as a device at all. (excluding the above pic showing ip in the device manager for wan)

Ok. Looks like a bug :) Hopefully Iain (developer) can take a look at it when he sees this thread.

• Administrators

Hi Sturdy,

Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for identifying that bug. We are away from the office at the moment. But can you private message Fraser asking us to remotely fix it when we get back on Tuesday.

I'll make sure the bug is fixed for everyone in the next firmware.

Happy Holidays.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrators

Hi Sturdy,

Sorry I've been busy developing new firmware, just got round to debugging your issue. 

I've noticed something  very strange in your screenshots. You seem to have the same LAN subnet as WAN, I'm surprised anything is working at all.

It seems you have both

• The NETDUMA LAN IP being 192.168.1.1  so on subnet 192.168.1.x
  • The NETDUMA WAN IP being 192.168.1.253 so on subnet 192.168.1.x

You can't be on the same subnet as routers must router between different networks. Can you schedule a 1 on 1 with Fraser & I'll make sure I'm there to see what the heck is going on.

Thanks

Here's a quick how/why it works tl;dr 2 ethernet cables and routing

This would be a fringe case setup. 2 wired connections between the routers, routed mode, not changing any existing network addresses etc.

Dsl router is an all in one dsl and wifi.

Using WiFi on DSL router (external high gain antennas), and routing through the Netduma R1(WiFi disabled) for WiFi+Ethernet.

The Netduma R1 WAN connection to DSL router (DMZ WANIP) for internet.

isp <-> dsl+wifi <-ethernet cable x2-> netduma <-> wired consoles

• DSL router defaultroute to internet
  • Netduma R1 WAN gateway set to DSL router internal IP
  • R1 handles DHCP, QOS etc
  • DSL router does PPPOA etc
  • DSL router does WiFi

• R1 WAN mac has been changed (can't remember if i noticed the wan and lan mac is duplicated if not changed)
  • Network monitor js throws an exception on the WAN IP to device lookup?

(over wifi with the 2 router hops)

Tracing route to google-public-dns-a.google.com [8.8.8.8] over a maximum of 30 hops:

1     1 ms     1 ms     1 ms  R1.lan [192.168.1.1]
  2     2 ms     2 ms     2 ms  192.168.1.254
  3    21 ms    23 ms    20 ms  isp gateway

9    35 ms    36 ms    35 ms  google-public-dns-a.google.com [8.8.8.8]

nldi4VD.png

• Administrators

Hi,

That is indeed a strange setup :)

However I have to make a few points:

• I'm not even sure how the router is even working it should be bugging out. I'd highly recommend putting it 192.168.2.x or some network other 192.168.1.1. 
  • The wifi devices won't go through the router this means congestion control is not working optimally as it requires all devices going through it

Because this scenario should not even work the issue is not a bug and is functioning correctly so I can't fix it. I'd highly recommend changing your set-up to have a differenet network and if possible putting all wifi devices through the R1.

It's pretty much static routes/gateway routing/bridged lan is why it works*

DSL Router is bridged ethernet between itself and R1 which includes radio traffic. ( Cable B )

R1 DHCP offers itself as the router gateway like normal and does all the lan routing (the radio devices show up as wired since they came over the wire and only know of the R1 routing).

DSL Router has a static IP (or DHCP offered from R1) , disabled UPNP on LAN interface and is the same subnet as the R1, it's just another device on the R1's LAN.

DSL Router's WAN connection is to ISP via PPPOA and defaultroute now exists. Only this device has a route to the internet and no other device knows this route.

R1 WAN connection setting has the DSL Router's LAN IP address as the IP gateway out of the R1 via the WAN/POE (Cable A)

R1 WAN connection manual MAC address

DSL Router set R1's WANIP as DMZ

Ends up with one extra hop to the internet and uses the existing WiFi in place, no ip address changes on the network.

*The R1 doesn't like finding the WANIP on the same subnet for the network monitor with this setup though :)

I was hoping for a check if the IP in the device manager list found was the R1's WANIP, ignore it

I hope this reads better without all the ip addresses.

Or if the DSL Router LAN IP is on a different subnet it's pretty much the same except that the DSL router can only see the WAN from the R1 since it's subnetted and the R1 network monitor is happy again. Just now need to get syslogd (DSL Router) to work across subnets.

• Administrators

Oh I see, because the modem is bridged it doesn't get confused when passing packets to the R1.

Very esoteric setup indeed,  I'm really sorry but it's not worth breaking what should be a legitimate error for this unique scenario. I don't understand why you can't use a normal setup and access the modems UI using a different subnet? Because of NAT the modem will think the packets originated from the subnet allocated to the router. 

Archived