Jump to content

Iced Soul

Members
  • Posts

    31
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Iced Soul

  1. No, nothing after the ONT. It stays in bridge and that's it. They did ask if I had a MikroTik, since that's what they normally install and configure on these links, but I told them I'll use my own router. So the R3 will be the only router on the line, which is why the static IP has to go on its WAN port.
  2. Salut!! Brésil. Un opérateur régional du dans le nord-est. C'est leur offre pro / lien dédié : ONT en bridge, pas de PPPoE, IP publique fixe livrée sur un /31 en point à point. Ça change de la fibre grand public ici, qui est presque toujours en PPPoE avec du CGNAT.
  3. Thanks! The thing is there's no DHCP on this one. It's a point to point handoff, so the ISP just gives me the IP, mask and gateway to type in manually, nothing hands out an address. So what I really need to know is whether the static IP page on the R3 accepts 255.255.255.254 as the subnet mask. Some routers refuse anything smaller than a /30.
  4. Hey, quick question before I sign up with a new ISP. They're giving me a dedicated fiber line with a static IP on a /31 (mask 255.255.255.254). Their ONT will be in bridge mode going straight into the R3, no PPPoE. Does the R3, with this new firmware DumaOS 4.0.1510, accept a /31 subnet mask in the WAN static IP settings? Thanks!
  5. Hey, quick question before I sign up with a new ISP. They're giving me a dedicated fiber line with a static IP on a /31 (mask 255.255.255.254). Their ONT will be in bridge mode going straight into the R3, no PPPoE. Does the R3 accept a /31 mask in the static IP WAN settings? Thanks!
  6. No, I'm referring to the host, as in the image below. So, I did everything you recommended and I keep getting redirected to international servers. The issue isn't that I'm redirected there sometimes, it's that I'm redirected there every match. Every match! I confess I'm frustrated with this issue. Does Exitlag have any impact?
  7. I set it to simple, and I'm still getting dropped on international servers. In the Host option, São Paulo appears correctly this time.
  8. Just to get ahead of myself, I only set it to UPnP and still ended up on a server with an 110ms ping, outside my country.
  9. Should I use UPnP only? Is putting my PC in the DMZ preventing Geo-Filter from working properly? The Geo-Filter will work if it's in UPnP?
  10. I believe I did exactly as you instructed me to do and again I ended up on an international server.
  11. I didn't close the game client. I'm playing through Game Pass. I'll try 70%. Are all my other settings correct?
  12. This screen here? See, the host has now placed me in Africa.
  13. I didn't find what you're telling me with the identical description. I took a screenshot and would like to ask you to please describe the route to me, as it's identified in DumaOS. Is there something wrong with my settings? An important thing to note is that on the Geo-Filter screen, when I click on the Host, it says I'm playing, even though the game isn't even open. What is the role of this host if it's different from my city? Another question. Under "Selected Game," it says "All Games." How do I put Call of Duty there?
  14. Ok, my friend. PPPoE worked for me. In two weeks, it disconnected a couple of times, forcing me to restart the router. However, the Geo-Filter never works. I even went to a server in Japan. That's absurd, in my opinion. I set my country as the country, and yet I'm constantly being redirected to international servers, forcing me to play with a 90-140ms ping. It's simply unplayable, with packet loss, overshooting, and everything else. One of the reasons I bought Duma R3 was to stop playing on international servers, and nothing has changed for me. How do I fix this? Another issue: the Ping Optimizer doesn't work. It pretends to find my real ping, increasing it by 15ms, and then claims to have optimized it to the value it actually is. How do I fix this? Thank you.
  15. I understand. However, this login timeout issue isn't new either. Why is it taking so long to resolve it? I think my PPPoE is like that. My R3 arrives today, and it's going to be frustrating to go through this.
  16. If you could contribute a little more, friend, I'd be extremely grateful, as I'm quite new to networking. 1. What Windows and router tools can I use to prioritize traffic, other than QoS? 2. Isn't bandwidth distribution also handled by QoS? 3. Ensure network or game performance levels? How do I guarantee network performance? The game's performance is excellent. I play at 240 fps with plenty of hardware. 4. Could you be more specific about ensuring the reliability of critical services, please? I have no idea what it is. Excuse me for my lack of familiarity with the subject.
  17. Hello! An important question, since you're not the first person I've seen mention this issue here on the forum. Regarding PPPoE, why is it still problematic on R3? This type of complaint has been around for a long time. Have you still not been able to resolve it?
  18. Got it, buddy. I'll consider your comments. Thanks for the tips.
  19. Fala, meu querido! Muito obrigado pela disposição em me ajudar com tantas dicas, muitas inéditas pra mim. Vou te dar um toque por mp, ok?
  20. Hello. I had to travel and couldn't reply. My Netduma R3 hasn't arrived yet. It will probably arrive tomorrow. Considering what you said, I want to report a peculiarity. Regardless of the time I play, my gameplay is better with QoS enabled on my current router, which is an AX5400, even if I'm the only one connected to the network. What exactly is this ACC?
  21. So, I just bought the Netduma R3. However, after your explanation, allow me to contextualize my reading of the entire situation. When I run the bufferbloat test on waveform.com before 5 PM, I get very good results, with less than 4 ms of latency and about 8 ms of jitter. After 5 PM, I get a result with 10-15 ms of jitter, plus an increase in download latency of about 14 ms and 10 ms of upload latency. Won't the Duma R3 help me get results as good as the previous 5 PM result after 5 PM? Did I waste my money? 😔 I'm referring to the waveform bufferbloat test, because when the test gives very good results, close to zero, I have very satisfactory gameplay.
  22. Sorry I don't understand, but could you explain what you meant by "I still don't believe you need it for SQM?" Wouldn't that be the most important feature to eliminate the feeling of my mouse feeling heavy, lethargic, and unresponsive in Black Ops 6?
  23. I'd also like to ask if the Netduma R2 has the same SQM, ping reduction, and optimization features as the R3. Geo-Filter 2.0, Ping Heatmap, and Hybrid VPN are unnecessary for me. I'm asking because I just found a Netduma R2 for sale near me.
×
×
  • Create New...