Dynamic DNS

DNS as a whole is something I believe they are aware of and looking to add to router.

Depending on your setup the modem / router upstream of the R1 could be handling it just now? Although that obviously won't work for everyone with the varied setups we all have.

• 11 months later...

I would like to bump this topic and feature request. 

Monitoring your connection is what this product is all about. The fact that it doesn't support Dynamic DNS so services such as DynDNS and OpenDNS can update your IP to a host name is perplexing. The reporting tools that the NetDuma device provides is great but unless I can configure monitoring of my internet connection from the outside how will I know the health of my network from other parts of the country? Using services such as PingDOM, SmokePing and being able to Telnet or VPN to my home network by host-name is a requirement. This Router has a nich customer base and is certainly catered to the non technical gamer. The network administrators would like to see some of the basic feature sets we are accustom to even with entry level SOHO devices. 

• Netduma Staff

I would like to bump this topic and feature request. 

Monitoring your connection is what this product is all about. The fact that it doesn't support Dynamic DNS so services such as DynDNS and OpenDNS can update your IP to a host name is perplexing. The reporting tools that the NetDuma device provides is great but unless I can configure monitoring of my internet connection from the outside how will I know the health of my network from other parts of the country? Using services such as PingDOM, SmokePing and being able to Telnet or VPN to my home network by host-name is a requirement. This Router has a nich customer base and is certainly catered to the non technical gamer. The network administrators would like to see some of the basic feature sets we are accustom to even with entry level SOHO devices. 

I think this is on the ticket system to be added :)

• 1 month later...
  • Administrators

Iain is working on the next upgrade, I'll see if any of the suggestions will make it in but he has a very specific goal with the firmware he is working on at the moment so it may not be possible

• 3 months later...

Archived