Connected to wifi but no internet

Hi guys, its been a while since i had any issues with my router and to be honest im not sure if this an r1 issue or not. But if anyone can help me, i know one of you brainiacs can.

So for the last few days laptop connects to the network but has no internet. Either says connected but no internet, or says connected but when try going online or loading google its just timing out.

Also i have 2 amazon fire sticks, one has been fine not lost connection once, the other keeps dropping off or when i look in the network settings it says connected to network but with problems.

Also phones and tablets been dropping off again. Since this was my problem when i first got the r1 and fraser worked his magic and sorted it for me i thought id just ask in here for some help or advice.

Oh and all wired devices been fine and laptop to when wired.

Thanks in advance

one of the firesticks saying connected to network but with problems, laptop as mentioned above. other devices such as lads xbox and phones have been losing connection for a few seconds but reconnecting themselves.

yes all devices showing in device manager and yes the wifi work around is checked.

ive just removed all devices and rebooted the router. gonna add everything again and see if any change. thanks for speedy reply

• Netduma Staff

one of the firesticks saying connected to network but with problems, laptop as mentioned above. other devices such as lads xbox and phones have been losing connection for a few seconds but reconnecting themselves.

yes all devices showing in device manager and yes the wifi work around is checked.

ive just removed all devices and rebooted the router. gonna add everything again and see if any change. thanks for speedy reply

Disable the Wifi workaround as that can cause dropouts :)

thanks guys.

after removing all devices, reboot and reconnecting everything again we are all good.

as for the wifi work around, i thought was added to stop things dropping off crossy?

that was the problem i was having when i got the r1 back in febuary. once the wifi work around was added in the update ive had it checked ever since and not really ever had any problems until now??

if it happens again i will disable it and see if whats occurs.

Thanks again, i knew someone here would be able to help me  :)

Archived