New Router settings

Hello,

I made this post a few days ago about me thinking my netduma was cutting my internet speed by alot http://forum.netduma.com/topic/7518-upload-download-speeds/

everybody here was really helpful but it turned out it was my bt homehub, cant figure out how or why, but WITHOUT the netduma attached it was testing with constant 3-5's download and 200kbps uploads on all wired devices through bt wholesale speedtest and all the other speed test sites and even worse on my ps4 which for fiber optic isnt great, i reset it, tinkered with it, nothing was improving it. My lag was so bad I was lagging in destinys campaign which had never happened before. And for years I was always running at 30ish download 5ish upload always.

A more able friend of mine brought his router and ps4 round (we were trying to isolate the problem) and it turned out my specific router meant to be the same as his (bt hh5) just doesnt seem to work! just wanted to resolve that for any people less tech savvy than alot of people here who might have seen my post thinking about buying a netduma, I didnt want my problems rubbing of on them, and if your reading this with problems like i did, try a different router!

SO! (apologies for waffle)

I got a new router, a DSL-N66U ADSL/VDSL modem router

now this thing has a bazillion different settings i dont understand, but set up just fine and boosted my net straight to 35 download and 3 upload with a 30ms ping, and my ps4 is testing close to that also.

I was just wondering, before I plug the netduma into it, is there anything I should do to the settings first? or anybody have a similiar router that has any advice? as there is alot more to do on it than the bt homehub.

Thanks again, looking forward to learning and unleashing the netdumas true potential, and didnt want my old post lingering thinking another buyer might see that and think it was the netdumas fault

Cheers!

thankyou!

the router has lots of settings to set priority on different devices, like the netduma.

If i want to set my ps4 and pc as priority, do i need to do this on both the router + netduma? or does netduma override and i just set it on the netduma?

If it was me i would only set it in the duma.

You could do that and maybe in the future tinker with the other router as well, but i would reset the other router if it does not work out.

the best setup modem-netduma-your new router 

what i didn was disable the wifi from the netduma and made my nighthawk router put out a wifi signal

• Netduma Staff

If i want to set my ps4 and pc as priority, do i need to do this on both the router + netduma? or does netduma override and i just set it on the netduma?

If the PC and the PS4 are connected to the Netduma you won't be able to see them connected to the other router. It will only look like one device is connected to the other router and that is the Netduma :)

Archived