Welcome to Netduma Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The story of the '£500' football shirt...

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

quickfaith

quickfaith

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 377 posts

I work in the media department for a local charity and one of the fundraisers was making a 'Liverpool FC' raffle hamper as a prize based by clubbing together a load of old donations we have had in the past. 

"The hamper needs to be worth roughly £50-£80", she said. "I'll bump the prize up by throwing in this old shirt signed by Ian Rush because it has no certificate of authenticity with it".

My ears pricked up when I heard her say that as my friend who I play football with owns a vintage football shirt website.

So... I gave him a quick call, got him into the office to inspect the shirt - my thinking is, "there's got to be more to this top than meets the eye".

It turns out it's a match issue top (based on the stitching, inside label and the the embroidery of the badge) which is also signed by the player who wore it. It also turns out my mate is a MASSIVE football geek and knows more about football shirts than Sports Direct.

"It's got to be worth at least £500", he says. "I'll get in touch with a few overseas buyers who'll be interested in this".

Needless to say, the raffle prize worth roughly £50-£80 doesn't have that shirt in it anymore.

Moral of the story, don't throw away your old football tops. They might be worth something ;)

Attached Files

Peas and love.

Peace and chips.

Netduma Fraser

Netduma Fraser

Tech & Customer Support

• Administrators
  • 15,896 posts

Thats awesome, what an excellent result!!

Technical support:

Optimal Settings Guide - How to set up your Netduma R1 quickly with optimum settings. Includes: How to get your full speeds, opening your NAT & Geo-filter settings etc. 

FAQ - Includes: How to play with friends using the Geo-filter, I can't access the router control panel, Wifi keeps dropping out etc.

Knowledge Base - Main link to the Knowledge Base, for everything else please search here or on the forum. 

Current firmware version (1.03.6) - If you are on anything below this, follow the instructions carefully to upgrade.

Any other issues please make a new thread on the forum, thank you  :)

Twitter - Facebook - YouTube - Twitch - Instagram - Steam Group - Discord

Macca61

Macca61

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 659 posts
A signed shirt by Ian Rush...... 10p is my only and final offer

UK_Wildcats_Fans

UK_Wildcats_Fans

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 956 posts