There's Spam bots on the starboard bow...

Adam

As some of you may have noticed we had a visit from the spam bot fairy earlier,

Hopefully I have resolved the issue , but as a precaution have fiddled with a few extra settings, just to ensure I can catch another attack quickly.

The only one that "might" affect people, is I have added a setting to only allow a member to post AGAIN after x number of seconds so if you get this warning come up dont worry its only temp 

That spamming shit is about as stupid as it gets,pretty sad that's what some people have to do to have fun.I say do what ever you guys have to do to keep our community spam free.

I'm not saying they might be watching  :ph34r:

but something like that :)

right this only hurts humans, a computer program can wait infinitely...as a dedicated posted I am unable to log in for the first time in the day...read all the posts and reply to the ones that might need my attention with this current restraint.  

I would rather have to type a captcha every single time if needed, if I want to post before the timer runs out....Since it is 300 seconds.... 5 minutes...

Maybe the setting could be adjusted so only members with less than X amount of posts are affected, should catch the spam bots as their post count will be low when they join and they won't be able to get the required amount of posts to get the restriction lifted, and old timers can post as much as they like?

Maybe the setting could be adjusted so only members with less than X amount of posts are affected, should catch the spam bots as their post count will be low when they join and they won't be able to get the required amount of posts to get the restriction lifted, and old timers can post as much as they like?

Might be an idea Akic. Like abc, I was getting caught out with this last night when trying to reply to threads to help people.

Didn't realise what was happening and just gave up for night lol

A timer in and of itself isn't necessarily a bad thing, it just seemed like a long one :)

But fully understand why you needed it given how the boards went yesterday. Glad you got it all sorted, thanks.

I have removed the timer now, like i said it was only a temp measure in case what I had done backend hadn't worked , didn't want the board filling up with crap 

definitely understand, and want the same in the end :)

On some other boards to Akic credit, they make people with <10 posts enter a captcha for each post

Archived