Lower Speeds

Guest Netduma_Iain

Hi,

I've actually resolved this issue with Brett using skype already. But I asked him to post here so others can see.

In the congestion control page, under the anti-flood section. You will see pre-emptive and reactive. We would recommend using pre-emptive for 50Mbit/s connections or less. If you have higher please select reactive.

This will take you to above 100mbit/s as we mentioned on our site(and buyers guide), but won't reach 150mbit/s. If you don't play PC games we can disable the host analysis section this will get you above 145mbit/s(faster than advertised). At the moment I can do it for you remotely, just contact me here or on twitter. But I will write a patch that will hopefully be out by the end of the week so its simply a button click to toggle the "host analysis" section.

Just to clarify the basic ping feature still works at high speeds.

I have a 180Mbit connection and If i use this as my main router then I wouldnt be able to utilized the internet I am paying for. Is there anyway to set it up like this Asus AC68U -> Netduma ?

while being able to use all of the netduma's features.

Guest Netduma_Iain

Hi,

Our next patch should take us to about the 150mbit mark. But that will not fully utilise your 180, we will in a few months try get a big speedup hopefully double. But that won't be for a while.

You could do this:  

/ Things that need 180mbit or above (e.g. PC )
Wall <-> Modem <-> Asus / 
                       \
                         \  R1 <-> Things that don't (e.g. xbox)

The only downside is the anti-flood feature won't be able to control the devices directly connect to the PC. So they could make you lag.

Hope that makes sense?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Netduma Fraser

I have 200 down and 20 up but only getting 33mbps and 10 mbps

Are you using the reactive algorithm? Also if you don't have the upgrade yet, ill PM you the details and youll also be able to hit 150mbps but unfortunately you wont be able to hit your 200mbps at the moment. 

Hi,

Our next patch should take us to about the 150mbit mark. But that will not fully utilise your 180, we will in a few months try get a big speedup hopefully double. But that won't be for a while.

You could do this:  

/ Things that need 180mbit or above (e.g. PC )
Wall <-> Modem <-> Asus / 
                       \
                         \  R1 <-> Things that don't (e.g. xbox)
The only downside is the anti-flood feature won't be able to control the devices directly connect to the PC. So they could make you lag.

Hope that makes sense?

I did it this way on mine as well and it still works great. 

Are you using the reactive algorithm? Also if you don't have the upgrade yet, ill PM you the details and youll also be able to hit 150mbps but unfortunately you wont be able to hit your 200mbps at the moment. 

PM me those details, please.

Guest Netduma_Iain

Hi NYslice what is your physical setup? It could be the wifi limiting you(maybe interference), how far are you from the wifi? Also can you retry a speedtest using a wired connection and confirm its maxing out your connection please. 

Glad to hear your games are working well.

Guest Netduma_Iain

ok thats really strange. Have you got your anti-flood set to 100% for the upload and download? Also can you reset the distribution and retry the test please. 

EDIT: Make sure the share_excess is ticked please

EDIT: Nice setup!

Thanks. Some YT video about the R1 router suggested 70%. Now that I switched it to 100, I'm getting 65d/40u

Good enough for me although I'm paying for 80/80

I'm dying to less BS like being shot from around corners and winning more face to face shootouts so I'm very satisfied. 

Guest Netduma_Iain

Ok don't worry mate, the R1 can handle your full speed. Have you selected "Reactive" algorithm, under "Anti-Flood" in the congestion control section? 

I'm actually have a similar issue with slow speeds, I have selected reactive and have also unticked the box for deep packet processing just to see if it helps, but no success yet.  I usually get any where from 85-95 mbps down and 4-5 up.  Currently I am getting about 50-60 down and 3-4 up.  Any advice?

Edit: Also my download and upload cap is set to 90% currently but I have also tried 100%.

Guest Netduma_Iain

Few things to try wrathoftahnk. Can you make sure you "Reset Distribution" on the device prioritisation page and you have your caps set to 100% on anti-flood. Keep dpp disabled and reactive. That should max out your connection. Are you on wired as well? 

Few things to try wrathoftahnk. Can you make sure you "Reset Distribution" on the device prioritisation page and you have your caps set to 100% on anti-flood. Keep dpp disabled and reactive. That should max out your connection. Are you on wired as well? 

Well that's interesting, it worked after setting the anti flood to 100% (which I had done before) and then clicking on reset distribution (which I hadn't done).  However when I put the anti flood to anything below 100% the most I can manage is about 50-60 mbps. 

post-193-0-60946600-1419861677_thumb.png

post-193-0-18646300-1419861677_thumb.png

Guest Netduma Fraser

Well that's interesting, it worked after setting the anti flood to 100% (which I had done before) and then clicking on reset distribution (which I hadn't done).  However when I put the anti flood to anything below 100% the most I can manage is about 50-60 mbps. 

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2014-12-29 at 7.49.24 AM.png

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2014-12-29 at 7.48.13 AM.png

What was the anti-flood set to to get that drop in speed? 

Have you definitely got your algorithm set to reactive?

What was the anti-flood set to to get that drop in speed? 

Have you definitely got your algorithm set to reactive?

My anti flood was set to 95% for the slower test.  Also I am definitely set to reactive.

Archived