Nat error when device added in Geo filter

S13

Hi

When I add device ( Ps4) in geo filter, I get Nat type error ( even though ps4 connection status shows  Nat Type-2)  still in party chat it gives Nat Type error.

How do I fix this ?

NETDUMA DUMA OS on R1 router

• Administrators

Are you blocking a friend when you setup the Geo-Filter i.e. they're outside of your red filter range?

To do this, set your Geo-Filter to spectating mode. Invite your friend to chat. They should then appear on your Map. Click on their icon (you need to disable Auto-Ping Host in Geo-Filter Map options to do this). Then in the Ping panel below, give them a name and click Allow. 

You only need to do this once, for each friend. Then re-enable Filtering Mode and your issue should clear.

Thank you, I shall try. So I will have to do with each and every friend 😢   ? 

Geo filter blocks  party chat too , wow. Omg . 

Can I create party chat and do this without  running a game ?

Also if I switch to  speculating mode while playing pubg ..... will  Party chat work or it will still give Nat error ?

Thanks 

• Administrators
2 hours ago, S13 said:

Thank you, I shall try. So I will have to do with each and every friend 😢   ? 

Geo filter blocks  party chat too , wow. Omg . 

Can I create party chat and do this without  running a game ?

Also if I switch to  speculating mode while playing pubg ..... will  Party chat work or it will still give Nat error ?

Thanks 

Yes, you should be able to do this when not in game.

If you're in Spectating Mode then you shouldn't get a NAT error at all - unless you actually don't have an open NAT! But I doubt you have that problem

• Administrators

But just in case you don't actually have an Open NAT, this guide will help you: http://support.netduma.com/support/solutions/articles/16000076587-dumaos-optimal-settings-guide-open-nat