Can't Find Matches

I recently set up my R1 and it will not connect to opponents in FIFA 18, or NHL 18.  Everything seems to be working other than connecting to matches.  I've also played other games, such as Destiny 2 with no issues.  

My NAT is open, Geo Filter is disabled.  Not sure where to go from here.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

EDIT: Also played some COD matches this morning and they were all great.  Turned the Geo Filter on for them and everything seemed to be working.

Could this be an issue with contacting the EA servers?  Ports needing to be opened?

• Netduma Staff

Hi, welcome to the forum!

With the Geo-filter disabled, the Netduma essentially acts like a standard router. This means unless you have a closed / moderate NAT, it's not possible for the Netduma to be blocking your connection to the game.

If you remove the Netduma from your setup, can you connect to games? Do you have an open in-game NAT? (just to clarify it isn't just your console NAT)

Also, which country do you live in? Fifa and NHL have quite specific localised servers, and rather annoying servers anyway due to the fact you're always connecting to only one other opponent.

So I may have gotten things sorted out on this.  I set up a static IP for the Xbox and used the settings in this link. http://forum.netduma.com/topic/10283-how-to-find-your-best-settings/

The Geo Filter is working GREAT with NHL, with very low pings and connections to only nearby opponents.  For FIFA, it's a bit difficult to find a match with someone nearby using the Geo Filter, but that may be due to a very low user base currently.  It is only the EA Access trial players that are online ATM.  I could see plenty of players over in the UK, however.

I will post a follow up here to let you all know how things are going.

• Netduma Staff

So I may have gotten things sorted out on this.  I set up a static IP for the Xbox and used the settings in this link. http://forum.netduma.com/topic/10283-how-to-find-your-best-settings/

The Geo Filter is working GREAT with NHL, with very low pings and connections to only nearby opponents.  For FIFA, it's a bit difficult to find a match with someone nearby using the Geo Filter, but that may be due to a very low user base currently.  It is only the EA Access trial players that are online ATM.  I could see plenty of players over in the UK, however.

I will post a follow up here to let you all know how things are going.

That's great to hear. Please let us know if you encounter any issues.