Geo-Filter not Working on COD IW PS4

Hello All,

Oddly enough, unlike BO3 and COD AW, I cannot get the Geo Filter to work in COD IW unless i go above 80 ping. Even then I often get instantly kicked out of match when connecting, and receive and error saying the host/server rejected my request.. something or other. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• Netduma Staff

Hello All,

Oddly enough, unlike BO3 and COD AW, I cannot get the Geo Filter to work in COD IW unless i go above 80 ping. Even then I often get instantly kicked out of match when connecting, and receive and error saying the host/server rejected my request.. something or other. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi, welcome to the forum! Infinite Warfare has always been a bit annoying with its netcode compared to previous titles. If you set your distance to 1000km, ping assist at 0 and strict mode on, can you connect to any games?

It would be useful to know which country you're in since that will dictate which settings you'll need to use. Also, what NAT type do you have in game and what console NAT do you have? Try only enabling the Geo-filter once you've reached the matchmaking menu from now on.

cannot get the Geo Filter to work in COD IW unless i go above 80 ping. Even then I often get instantly kicked out of match when connecting, and receive and error saying the host/server rejected my request.. something or other. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have the geo filter disabled on Xbox One because I only ever connect to servers that are nearby and they're usually pretty decent so there's no need to filter.

But I get kicked probably at least 25% of the time from pre-game lobbies, with the 'rejected' / 'disconnected' message.

Due the shitty player-lobby-host-hybrid-bullshit system that has been implemented with Infinite Warfare, you can definitely cause yourself to get kicked from lobbies if you don't adjust your Geo filter parameters (larger radius / higher PA value) to take this into account.

But it will definitely happen to you (and often) even if you're not using the Geo filter at all. That's IW, isn't it wonderful.