Welcome to Netduma Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

NAT Loopback or NAT Reflection to access DDNS?

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

Netduma Fraser

Netduma Fraser

Tech & Customer Support

• Administrators
  • 18,803 posts
  • Local time: 09:03 PM

Hello,

I'm testing a bit the Netgear Router with DumaOS and see that NAT loopback seems to work... Great.

But apparently the IP address seen by internal devices is the public IP and not the router IP. Which makes it difficult to secure a Synology for example.

On all others brands where I used NAT loopback to access my NAS, it was the IP of the router and I could simply add this in the NAS firewall.

With DumaOS, I need to put the different IP ranges of my internet provider.

What do you think ? Possible to change this so that internal devices will see router IP instead of Public IP ?

Best regards

Hey, welcome to the forum!

That's more of a question for Netgear as the Settings is done by them. I can make a note to bring it up with their Development team. 

Twitter/Facebook/YouTube/Twitch/Instagram/Steam Group/Discord

Official R1 Support Times: 10am - 6pm BST

Official DumaOS/XR500 Support Times: 12pm - Midnight BST

Time Converter

If you're having Settings or Hardware issues with the XR500 please go here and login to get the number for Netgear's 24/7 support line: http://support.netgear.com/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users