Speed?

I know this router is for gamers, and I like that but will these actually increase my internet speed aswell? As my internet is quite bad and I dont like it at all. But I like the netduma just not sure whether it's for gaming settings or actually helps speed aswell. 3559de6114b946d7acafdbf11f7f5aa3.png

• Netduma Staff

I know this router is for gamers, and I like that but will these actually increase my internet speed aswell? As my internet is quite bad and I dont like it at all. But I like the netduma just not sure whether it's for gaming settings or actually helps speed aswell. 3559de6114b946d7acafdbf11f7f5aa3.png

Hi Mason, welcome to the forum! Our router can't increase your Internet speed, and indeed no router can do that. The Netduma can handle speeds up to 800mbps, but unless your Internet Service Provider gives you those speeds then you won't be able to achieve them. If you require more speed, get an upgrade on your ISP. As it stands though, you won't need more than 1mb down or up for gaming, and the R1 can handle most speeds you use it for. Let us know if you have any questions :)

Hi Mason, welcome to the forum! Our router can't increase your Internet speed, and indeed no router can do that. The Netduma can handle speeds up to 800mbps, but unless your Internet Service Provider gives you those speeds then you won't be able to achieve them. If you require more speed, get an upgrade on your ISP. As it stands though, you won't need more than 1mb down or up for gaming, and the R1 can handle most speeds you use it for. Let us know if you have any questions :)

I feel stupid now haha, thanks

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum! 

The router is ideal for those with slower speeds as you can be really affected by local congestion but we can eliminate that. I would recommend taking a look here to see what we can do if you haven't already: https://netduma.com/what-does-the-netduma-do/

Archived