Why do i have a strict NAT type?

Just recently have had STRICT NAT type on my xbox one. Wanted to ask for help to troubleshoot these issues. I have tried hard reseting all the routers/modems already, i even waited several minutes, but that didnt fix the issue. Occasionally it gives me a Moderate NAT type. But, just recently i have updated my R1 and everything was running smoothly. I had my R1 plugged into a WiFi range extender my At&t ISP guy gave us for awhile, until i commented in a post recently and i believe it was Netduma Fraser who said to change it to At&t<to my R1<Netgear N300 WiFi range extender. The only thing i kight believe to be the issue in my own opinion is that since i did the update some 1) settings might have changed /restarted also, 2)i have no idea what to even do with or what the new settings and tools are primarily for, 3) i might just be doing something wrong, simply... would love some feedback,

Your Netduma Fanboy, Michael.A. Lawrence, ChickenJoe

Make sure you have UPnP enabled first as this is often the problem.

If your Duma is NOT in the ISP hub's DMZ:

you will probably need to enable UPnP on your ISP hub and UPnP Forwarding (misc settings) on the Duma.

Archived