Netduma Ping graphs are on drugs

tjl118

Hello 

So the ping graphs i have been getting lately on Bo3 are really confusing me. I am supposedly pinging 40 - 50 to this host in custom games. However, Bo3 in game says i am 3 barring with a 100+ ping. Why is the graph so jacked. I truely think my router is all sorts of messed up because i swear it makes the hit detection worse as well. 

Hello 

So the ping graphs i have been getting lately on Bo3 are really confusing me. I am supposedly pinging 40 - 50 to this host in custom games. However, Bo3 in game says i am 3 barring with a 100+ ping. Why is the graph so jacked. I truely think my router is all sorts of messed up because i swear it makes the hit detection worse as well. 

The in game ping graph is wrong, the netduma is 100% accurate if you test it in other games that show ping also such as rocket league.

bro, the game says im 3 barring and the netduma shows west coast host (which i 3 bar to). the duma is 100% wrong. i need some sort of actual explanation here. Also, i apparently ping 70 to myself soooooo

bro, the game says im 3 barring and the netduma shows west coast host (which i 3 bar to). the duma is 100% wrong. i need some sort of actual explanation here. Also, i apparently ping 70 to myself soooooo

The game will add artificial latency which causes you to 3 bar... There is engine lag, and who knows what the server is doing... The netduma is showing the ping from your modem to the IP of that server, after that there is no telling what activision does.

I was just in a private match with a friend, my duma said my ping was 53... In game shows 70-80... I asked him for his IP and was pinging it via command prompt and what do you know, my ping to him was 53 just like the duma showed. Trust me when I say that the game is lying to you... And you can't ping yourself.

All I can say is MoD is right on the money,never trust anything on the game.The duma is designed for the purpose's of testing to be extremely accurate in cases like this.

Not much of explanation needed,just that the in game graphs and readings are inaccurate.And why would you connect to a server on the west coast if your from Minnesota,plenty of servers a lot closer where you'll get a better ping.

Are you sure your cables are all good,like the one from your modem to your duma.And what does ping plotter say is your line stable or is it carrying a lot of jitter on it,just trying to figure out why such a large difference in ping.

The deviation between game and duma is happening in custom games. I rarely play public matches on call of duty. I am also playing on the PS4 console. This is also a recent development. Before, the game and duma were actually pretty close. The duma would always, without fail, read that my ping to the host in a custom game was 10-20 ms lower than what Bo3 reported on their connection meter. Now I am pinging 50 to 70 to a Cali host (according to netduma). The thing is that I have played on Cali host many time and I know how it feels for someone northern central to play on that host with my type of internet. The netduma saying I have a 50-70 is absolutely false in all types of way. Meanwhile, Bo3 says i am pinging 150 to 170 to the Cali host. The extremely large difference is what concerns me because I am wondering if something is wrong with my router. I literally ping between 50 to 90 to everything in the country, and believe me Century Link internet did not get better. Pretty damn sure im being throttled by now for how much data I use a month. I need to know if something could potentially be wrong and I need to send it in or get a new one or something. The main problem is the huge difference I am seeing now, my router used to tell me that I ping 110 - 120 to Cali host. Now 50-70???? What has changed? not my internet

1. Find a friend who plays with you and is willing to help.

2. Ask him for his public IP address by going to whatismyip.com

3. Go to your computer, wired into your duma (not wireless) and open a command prompt by going to search in the start menu and typing cmd

4. Type in the command prompt ping -t (his ip address)

5. Go to your duma, invite him into your lobby or chat and ping his circle from the duma.

6. Say that I was right and your duma shows the same ping as your computer.

• Administrators

It is likely you're connecting to a mis located host which will account for the variance in pings.

How are you pinging yourself as a matter of interest? 

The duma won't make your experience worse. Use anti-flood, hyper-traffic, Geo-filter etc and you will eliminate 2 of the main causes of lag. I would also do a test of your line & see how that is behaving and what your base ping is.

Archived