Netduma R1 Setup and Walkthrough

• 2 weeks later...

Am sorry I don't know how to start a new trend topic but u have a question. Why is my ping text not the same everytime I test it. Some times is all green and the very next test is not. How to I make it all good or exceptional all the time. My speed Is 90 down and 9up cos I did a speed test. Help pls

Guest Netduma_Iain

Hi Sean,

you have to go to a forum, and click new thread in the top right.

The Internet Diagnosis test is purely a test of your current connection you have. It disables all traffic to make the test pure. This means there is nothing a router can do about it, its something todo with your line. That's why the tool was added. To be specfic the tool just pings google, which in most places in the world will be one of the closest things you can ping.

Guest Netduma Fraser

As Iain said, its a test that can indicate issues with your line. You are likely getting consistent greens not during peak times and when its peak it doesn't do as well. If this is the case there is nothing you can do about it as that will be how your ISP deals with a lot more people using the internet at those times. However if thats not the case you could phone them up and show them the details from the internet diagnostics and see if they can do anything on their end to improve it. 

Guest Netduma_Iain

Sean I would just echo everything Fraser said. From a legal point of view we can't advice you any further. All I can do is repeat myself above. The test simply pings google and blocks everything else from using the Internet so it doesn't interfere with the test. 

• 1 year later...
Guest Chocodude99

Hello,

I have recently purchased a Netduma R1 Router and I would like to know if I can connect this router using the Ethernet cable to the wall and if it would work on my Xbox one? Also after I set up the router and the settings for the secondary and Netduma router, I am sure I will have to change the internal and external IP address on my Xbox one if I'm correct? 

• Administrators

Hello,

I have recently purchased a Netduma R1 Router and I would like to know if I can connect this router using the Ethernet cable to the wall and if it would work on my Xbox one? Also after I set up the router and the settings for the secondary and Netduma router, I am sure I will have to change the internal and external IP address on my Xbox one if I'm correct? 

Hey welcome to the forum. Could you make your own thread in General Support please as this is a very old thread so I'll close this one. 

The setup needs to be ISP hub/modem/router > R1 > all devices. If the connection in the wall leads directly to your ISP hub plugging the R1 into it and then Xbox into R1 would be fine. 

No you won't need to change those, just let the Xbox connect with automatic network settings.

Archived