VPN Server

Hello All,

I see that you can connect to a vpn server in the R1 but you cannot make the R1 act as a VPN server. Basically it would be nice to be able to set up username's and password's in the router and have a no ip resolution so I can access my home network wherever I may be. I know this can be done using a pc but I prefer the router instead just in case the pc happens to be offline I can still access my home network. I would use this for things like remote play (ps4) so I can appear to be on the same network as my ps4. Here is an example in a router that costs $35.

post-7681-0-75294900-1457992557_thumb.png

• 3 weeks later...

I have fios and can only watch my dvr when I'm home on the network. I wonder if this feature would allow me to access the dvr if I include it on the vpn. Thoughts?

Absolutely! This works the same as when I had Playstation Vue only certain channels worked on my vue account when I wasn't at home. I then made a vpn connection and had almost all of the channels I had at home. Some are still restricted for use on mobile.

Absolutely! This works the same as when I had Playstation Vue only certain channels worked on my vue account when I wasn't at home. I then made a vpn connection and had almost all of the channels I had at home. Some are still restricted for use on mobile.

That would be awesome! So just to confirm, I cannot yet do this unless the netduma acts as a server of some sort?

I haven't tried DVR but if it is possible to access it when not at home then it could work.

I'm very new to VPN.  As of now, without my set top box on the vpn, I cannot watch my dvr from my smartphone unless I am on the same network.  I assume that if I include the set top box on the vpn through the netduma and I can somehow access the vpn with the smartphone from outside the house, then I, in theory should be able to watch dvr through the fios app.

What I don't knw is how to tell my phone how to access the vpn when I am outside my home.  If anyone can offer suggestions that would be great!

Archived