Huge location / Server Problems

Ok to start off my friend and I both have NetDuma routers.  he lives near Philadelphia on the east coast and I live in Chicago in the midwest.  I have him white listed and up until we upgraded our netdumas today to 1.03.05m he had me white listed as well.  Now he is having problems that I'll explain.

First off my default location appears in Kansas which is dead center in the United States.  I moved the host filter radius to Chicago where I live.  I have included 3 pictures that show some traces I've been getting.  When I trace the connection to a dedicated server you'll see it goes from where I put the host filter, to Kansas and then to the destination.  When I trace to my friend, it first goes to Kansas and then to him.  Now, where the situation gets really messed up is when he tries to connect to me.  First of all he sees two host circles for me; one in Chicago and one in Kansas.  I have included a picture of what his trace looks like when he tries to connect to me during a game.  Not only does it go over seas but also connects to several hosts that are outside of his host radius circle.  

The first picture named trace 1 is me connecting to a server. (Why are we connecting to a server all the way in Seattle when we have many that are way closer to us, and seattle is outside of both of our host radius)

The second picture named trace 2 is me connecting to him which shows that for some reason the netduma is still seeing me in Kansas.

The third outrageous picture is my friend trying to connect to my host circle that appears in Chicago, which also goes through Kansas... this picture was mid game.  

Please please please help me!!! 

post-4501-0-90681500-1449697904_thumb.png

post-4501-0-99491700-1449697919_thumb.png

post-4501-0-29417700-1449698002_thumb.png

• Netduma Staff

Hey GreenSteez :)

The traceroute is inaccurate - just ignore it. The Netduma guys are actually thinking of removing it due to it causing confusion. E.g the hops showing in the EU could just be mis-located servers.

Just go off what the ping says - if the ping is low that's all you have to worry about :)

• Netduma Staff

Well thats good... still though.  Any idea why we connect in Seattle or Kansas often when we both have several dedicated servers that are very near us.  

Those are probably also just mis-located servers. What is your ping to them and how far away from them are you? :)

Like Crossy said ignore the trace route,and yes they should get rid of it as it causes lots of questions and concerns.And I was one of those that asked questions when I first git my duma and ran it.

Do you have strict ticked and if I would set my PA to zero.I live in Michigan 90 miles from the dedi server bank in Northern Illinois and I set my GF to 350-400 miles and ping assist to zero and always play on the Illinois dedi's.

Archived