FEATURE REQUEST: Port forwarding "remapping"

Right now it is possible to forward port X to IP address A.B.C.D. For example, I can forward port 22 on my Linux box so that I can SSH to it while I'm at work. 

There are other some situations where it would be nice to be able to forward port X to port Y on IP address A.B.C.D. For instance, say I don't want to "hide" my SSH server from the constant deluge of systems trying to brute force anything with an open port 22. It would be nice to have port 2222 on the outside forwarded to port 22 on the inside, so I can still connect but it's one more layer of security for my poor, abused Linux box.

Maybe not a feature with the broadest footprint as far as how many users would make use of it, but it's a pretty standard feature on most consumer routers.

Keep up the great work fellas!

• 1 month later...

Right now it is possible to forward port X to IP address A.B.C.D. For example, I can forward port 22 on my Linux box so that I can SSH to it while I'm at work. 

There are other some situations where it would be nice to be able to forward port X to port Y on IP address A.B.C.D. For instance, say I don't want to "hide" my SSH server from the constant deluge of systems trying to brute force anything with an open port 22. It would be nice to have port 2222 on the outside forwarded to port 22 on the inside, so I can still connect but it's one more layer of security for my poor, abused Linux box.

Maybe not a feature with the broadest footprint as far as how many users would make use of it, but it's a pretty standard feature on most consumer routers.

Keep up the great work fellas!

+1 on this as I was trying to figure out for a bit how to do it as I do the same.

FYI, denyhosts is pretty good to block those folks that just brute force:

https://github.com/denyhosts/denyhosts

Archived