Just got my router, many issues

Ok so I have tried to go directly from my modem to the netduma, or from modem to netduma to router, or modem to router to netduma with power line adapters connected to the netduma and I can't get a connection. It keeps saying this router may not support packet fragmentation when I do connection setup on my ps4, it also keeps popping up do you want to use a proxy server.

I can connect to the netduma via wifi but my speeds to my router are around 4.5/150 to the Duma 1mbps/.1 I was able to update the firmware to .3.5 the newest one. Why can't I get a power line connection why does it keep asking about proxy servers? What. Is the correct order to line up my router to my netduma? The instructions didn't help at all with any of this. Also I can't get a wifi light to go on on the netduma even why I try to use it as the only router

Sorry to hear you are having trouble, first try it with the modem>netduma>console.

Using powerline adapters doesnt mean you get the full speeds from the modem.

I dont know about the popups you are getting, someone who knows will chime in.

Hold tight.

yea as said above power line adapters are not good when dealing with WAN connections. Make sure you use a normal ethernet cord when plugging the Duma to your router/modem.

You should be able to use a powerline adapter to go to the Duma to Console/PC

- Tom    

Like I said I can get a wifi signal, but no powerline connection when I use it with the netduma.

I go into PlayStation network settings, setup new connection, wired, easy settings. It sits there for about a minute and asks me if I want to enable proxy server.

On wifi it gives the error I said above, that my router may not support packet fragmentation and it says to contact your router manufacturer

And I have tried all of the above combinations going from my modem and still can't get anything via wired powerline.

Also my location is coming up as Australia in the geo settings or host filtering page. I am in California.

I came home from work and the situation somehow resolved itself. I was able to not only use my power line adapter but switch my primary router around to a backup. my voip phone works, nat is open. Everything's good now. Weird right? Thanks everyone for your replies

I tried to remove the thread but I think a mod has to.

• Netduma Staff

I came home from work and the situation somehow resolved itself. I was able to not only use my power line adapter but switch my primary router around to a backup. my voip phone works, nat is open. Everything's good now. Weird right? Thanks everyone for your replies

I tried to remove the thread but I think a mod has to.

Great! As this is resolved I'll close the thread :) Feel free to make another if you have anymore issues or questions.

Archived