Something wrong with my R1!! HELP!!

oatesy50

Right got a few things i need help with!

First off i cannot get into games on BO3 WHAT SO EVER with a ping under 40/50ms, iv tried using PA exclusively set to 30ms and it does nothing but put in into lobbies by myself which nobody joins and iv been very patient with this as i know it can take longer to find games, iv waited over 30MINS is some cases and nothing!  I have to set my ping to 45/50 to even get a game, and when it does put me into a game my Netduma R1 is telling me that im pinging at 900ms+, which is clearly wrong. ( i know i don't have the best connection in the world but its no way near that bad) 

Iv also tried using just the geo-filter and i have it set to about 400MI so it covers the most of the UK but this also makes no difference either, still getting only ever getting 40/50ms lobbies even though the hosts are only a few 100 miles away or sometimes even closer ( also keeps connecting me to hosts out side my geo-filter even though strict mode is ticked most them US servers), I tested out what my ping would be if i turned the Netduma R1 off all together, and its putting me into lobbies with the same ping, its as if the Netduma R1 isnt doing anything at all any more.

Another thing is that my duma seems to have huge lag, I.E. when i click on setting then miscellaneous it takes about a minute to load the settings page (same when i go back to host filering), when it does eventually load all my settings have been reset! This is hugely annoying as when i put my settings back to what they where it messes around with my Xbox live connection.

It kicks me out of the party i am in and then it wont let me join any party's at all, comes up on the Xbox saying THIS IS BLOCKED, for me to be able to join party's again i have to hard reset everything, Xbox, Duma and ISP router.

​Im not sure if its just BO3 im having problems with but when i play different games, star wars battlefront for instance i have a really good connection and a ping of around 25/30ms.

I love my Netduma R1 i really do, but this is getting out of hand and i am at a complete lose with what's going on and any help with this would be very much appreciated.

Thanks

Hi mate. I'm in UK Bristol with virgin. I've only had mine up and running for a few days so don't think I'm an expert or anything. With netduma I've got my in house congestion problem sorted and have reduced ping on bops from 30-50ms on average to 15-17ms which has turned it into very different and far more enjoyable game. couple of things may help.

1. Check your base ping using speedtest or similar normally I would expect mine to be under 10ms. (the best ive seen is 6ms normally at peak times its 8-10ms) There is a lot of upgrade work being done on cables and exchanges in UK at moment and u may be affected by this. (check your service status webpage if you are getting pings over 10ms to a local server). Whatever your base ping is then that + ~10ms is the best ping you can hope to see in bops game so take your base ping and add 10ms for your ping assist number

2 If I set geofilter to UK only I kept getting kicked of bops servers and PlayStation network. I think there is a server in France that u need to connect to. So increase your filter range to include the northern half of France. It's still a small distance increase in terms of ping won't change much. You will still be filtering bad connections with ping assist. Bonus u get to own French dudes.....

Archived