Host filtering questions

I've been searching the forum and wiki for answers to the below questions without much success so I thought I would ask here.

Sometimes there are hosts shown on the map which are single small circles and sometimes there are hosts shown with two circles one inside the other, whats the difference? What does the size of the circle indicate?

Is there a way to tell if a host shown on the map is a dedicated server or an peer-to-peer host? (I'm using BO3 on xbox one)

Is there a way to tell which host on the game map is the active game host? I often see many hosts on the map and they all have small circles with no difference between them.

How can I tell which host shown on the map is the host shown in the host descriptor and ping graph?

Is there a way to correlate the peer ping chart and the hosts shown on the map?

Is there a way to know which host on the peer ping chart is the active game host?

What does the quality value assigned to a host do? Is is it just for use in the deny & allow tool or is there another use?

What does the Deny & Allow tool do? I can guess what its supposed to do, i.e. allow or deny access to hosts with a quality setting that fall into the green or red area, but I can't tell if it is actaully blocking hosts. I assume this is intended so you flag hosts that are poor quality and you will not be connected but the wiki page seems blank for this topic (http://wiki.netduma.com/doku.php?id=deny_allow_a_game_host)

• Netduma Staff

1. If there is one inside another that just means to people who are near each other or in the same location.
  2. Different sizes represent who is host.
  3. If you click on the circle and there is no update button then it means it is a server.
  4. The largest circle is the host.
  5. Not right now but it is a planned feature.
  6. No, you can't do that either.
  7. Yeah, just for the allow/deny feature.
  8. Yep, that's right. The ones that are then blocked cause of deny show as a red cross and the allowed ones show as a sparkly edge.

Archived