any way you access the net duma webpage from the host hub?

Ok so i got my net duma today and have noticed a major issue with its wifi, its 2.4ghz only and slow as hell!
this seemed a minor issue at first as i can just hook up my laptop (which is my streaming pc) to my old router and have just the ps4 and xbox hooked to the duma, but as i read more i see i need access to the net duma page, theres no way in hell i can stream via the wireless on the net duma, its just too slow so the laptop will have to connect directly to the router.

so heres the crux, i know the internal ip of the net duma as far as my router is concerned, but if i go to that i see nothing, is there a way to have that show the 192.168.88.1 page?

hmmm though the upload speed is the same....hmmm dont know now grrrr, wish they had used better hardware for the r1

• Netduma Staff

You can follow these instructions to access the Duma from WAN :)

But what speeds were you getting though Wifi? You should definitely be able to get enough bandwidth to stream.

Also if you don't have everything connected to the Netduma, you won't be able to use congestion control.

You can follow these instructions to access the Duma from WAN :)

But what speeds were you getting though Wifi? You should definitely be able to get enough bandwidth to stream.

Also if you don't have everything connected to the Netduma, you won't be able to use congestion control.

speeds are listed in my other thread http://forum.netduma.com/topic/8738-have-i-just-made-a-mistake-getting-a-ri-duma-and-questions/?do=findComment&comment=64733

i made this one seperate as its a more specific question then the other thread.

thank you, that did indeed work, is there a way to change the port number seems its defaulting to port 80, a minor conflict with my network ?

• Netduma Staff

speeds are listed in my other thread http://forum.netduma.com/topic/8738-have-i-just-made-a-mistake-getting-a-ri-duma-and-questions/?do=findComment&comment=64733

i made this one seperate as its a more specific question then the other thread.

thank you, that did indeed work, is there a way to change the port number seems its defaulting to port 80, a minor conflict with my network ?

No, not posible to change it although I could add that to the ticket system as a future feature if you want? :)

No, not posible to change it although I could add that to the ticket system as a future feature if you want? :)

that would be appreciated, often i bounce my stream through a rasberry pi and a custom rtmp, this allows my go host to log onto a webpage on the pi and view in realtime the stream rather then to have to use twitch which is rather behind the stream. The standard port for web page servers is 80 its changable but can be a pain to change and means that whoever needs access to the page have to use address:newport/page rather then address/page. :)

It has just occured to me that the upload speed is the same wifi on duma and on the router so thats the main issue on streaming sorted, i have spent so long getting it all sorted that my head is a little spinning lol.

once this speed fix sorts out the 120mbit speed issue then im hoping the next step is getting the 5ghz working (assuming there is the hardware in the router to support it) and it may all be a mute point (having just delt with port forwarding i would love to put my router into modem mode and not have to worry about it lol)

• Netduma Staff

that would be appreciated, often i bounce my stream through a rasberry pi and a custom rtmp, this allows my go host to log onto a webpage on the pi and view in realtime the stream rather then to have to use twitch which is rather behind the stream. The standard port for web page servers is 80 its changable but can be a pain to change and means that whoever needs access to the page have to use address:newport/page rather then address/page. :)

It has just occured to me that the upload speed is the same wifi on duma and on the router so thats the main issue on streaming sorted, i have spent so long getting it all sorted that my head is a little spinning lol.

once this speed fix sorts out the 120mbit speed issue then im hoping the next step is getting the 5ghz working (assuming there is the hardware in the router to support it) and it may all be a mute point (having just delt with port forwarding i would love to put my router into modem mode and not have to worry about it lol)

Ok, added that to the ticket system here :)

The Duma doesn't actually have 5Ghz hardware - apparently the option in Wifi settings was added before they chose the hardware and since has never been removed. What you could do is connect a 5Ghz access point to the Netduma so you can have 5Ghz Wifi :)

Ok, added that to the ticket system here :)

The Duma doesn't actually have 5Ghz hardware - apparently the option in Wifi settings was added before they chose the hardware and since has never been removed. What you could do is connect a 5Ghz access point to the Netduma so you can have 5Ghz Wifi :)

shame about the hardware, yeah once they fix the 120mbit issue and the ports are up to thier full speed i may invest in a 5ghz access point (given the cost of the router and the fact its designed with gamers and streamers in mind,  its annoying/perplexing it is not included, that 2.4ghz one is very slow)

• Netduma Staff

shame about the hardware, yeah once they fix the 120mbit issue and the ports are up to thier full speed i may invest in a 5ghz access point (given the cost of the router and the fact its designed with gamers and streamers in mind,  its annoying/perplexing it is not included, that 2.4ghz one is very slow)

I think the whole point that it doesn't have 5Ghz is because it was designed for streamers who generally will have their PC/console wired to the router but I understand that if you have fast internet that 5Ghz is necessary :)

I think the whole point that it doesn't have 5Ghz is because it was designed for streamers who generally will have their PC/console wired to the router but I understand that if you have fast internet that 5Ghz is necessary :)

possibly though wireless is used a lot today in many of our devices, oh well, its fixable just gonna cost me a lot more then i had planned on (i had decided on a budget of £100 when planning to replace my superhub....i saw one designed for gamers and streamers and decided to go that extra bit lol)

while i have your ear, a tiny really low priority ocd feature request, the catagorys in device manager, TV, Hub and a probably never used by many one Pi would make the device page much more ocd friendly :)

• Netduma Staff

while i have your ear, a tiny really low priority ocd feature request, the catagorys in device manager, TV, Hub and a probably never used by many one Pi would make the device page much more ocd friendly :)

This is kind of already planned here but I've added a note on it to maybe have some more common default groups added if possible and also custom icons for custom groups :)

This is kind of already planned here but I've added a note on it to maybe have some more common default groups added if possible and also custom icons for custom groups :)

Thats appreciated, though im not impressed with the hardware, i am very impressed with the customer service i must admit.

Thats appreciated, though im not impressed with the hardware, i am very impressed with the customer service i must admit.

The hardware is extremely impressive you do realize this is a gaming router right ?

The hardware is extremely impressive you do realize this is a gaming router right ?

I mean no offense, i do tend to not have much of a filtier and say exactly as i feel,

My reasons for not liking the hardware:

1) the wifi is really slow, i know you say gaming router but its not just ment as a pure gaming router, this was factored into my purchase and if you look at another of my threads you can see the difference in speed between the 2.4ghz of the duma and the 5ghz of the superhub. 2.4ghz can be fast too apparently but you need the right hardware in the router to do it....this does not, the wifi seems like something simply added as cheaply as possible.

2) the 120mbits limit..... ok so thats software but its an issue, there is a fix next week so this issue is a bit of a non issue.

3) it does not play nice with my router, serously i have had issue after issue all day, in the end the only way i could get my xbox to have an open nat to get the ps4 to have good nat status on games, was to put my router into modem mode....yep im now suffering a massive speed reduction to get the router to work right....the minute i did that it all started to work beautifully, but it means im on a 4th of my speed wirelessly and nearly half my speed wired.

Its a game centered router yes but its also ment to be for familys too, no one plays games every waking minute and other tasks on the net need speed, bothe wired and wirelessly.

now if my internet speed was slower and i didnt relly on wireless then i may not be so annoyed with it, hell if it was cheaper it would be less of an issue or had it worked perfectly with my superhub.

I am however impressed with the customer service, the community and the potential of the device, dont get me wrong im not sitting here thinking "oh god i threw my money away" im just annoyed at some of the hardware choices

Yeah I got ya,but it it for the most part built for gamers,that's why the duma has the features it has.And most are for being able to game with other people on your network and not causing your gaming packets to get put at the end of the line via cc and leaving enough headroom so everyone can do their own thing,netflix,youtube,download music...etc and the gamer will suffer no ill effects.

But IMO it is an all around great router,I keep my netgear in AP mode for 5 ghz and run the duma for gaming.And I have no filter either and no offense taken,this forum is for people to discuss their issues with the router and get support.

If you consider that the average UK internet speed is only about 25Mbps anyway, the Netduma's Wifi speeds, for most people, won't be an issue :)

yeah i do tend to forget that im on one of the fastest speeds, but you would be amazed at how quickly you get used to it.

i had to put my superhub into modem mode to get the r1 to play nice (and as i say its fixed the nat issues i was having) i have left it like that (im lazy, and switching it about seems to cause me to get a new ip address) i am noticing the slower speeds on my laptop, i had to pause a youtube video to let it buffer....thats not normal, yes a first world issue but just emphazing how you get used to the speed you have.

Im sure when the speed fix firmware is out and i have brought myself a 5ghz wireless access point all will be well

Archived