Private Hosted Games and Lag

RoR

Netduma running .7 beta has been great for finding pub games with great connection although i do occasional experience game freezes.

However recently we have been playing scrims (clan vs clan matches) on a private host who we have no control over some and have found that the games are really hit and miss. One game i can kill with ease, then another player joins the lobby and their team can instantly turn into a bunch of sponges and me and my team struggle to win our gunfights. My team all play on fibre optic connections and so i would presume we likely getting lag comped.

What are your thoughts and can you suggest anything that could counter this.?

Guest Netduma_Iain

It could just be a bad host that you're connecting to, since you can't choose a different one you're pretty much stuck on it unfortunately. If only you were experiencing issues we could suggest alternatives to optimise your connection but since you're whole team is suffering its probably the host. 

ON the fibre theory , I had heard many rumours on the net about fibre and lag comp , it put me off getting fibre right away when my estate got the shinny new cab.

I have just moved from and 6mb adsl+2 line to a 63mb fibre line and there is no difference what so ever in game quality.

I am a twitch shooter so i notice when things are out of sync and fibre is not the issue when games go wonky , i feel it is the dedicated servers that hand out crappy lag comp where one game you smash them next game ur 100ms behind.

This happens on adsl or fibre.

Play on a good xbox host for many games in a row and this does not happen IMO.

On the private host it is strange that it would do this , unless the host has a lot of jitter?

I will add that when i host private matches I smash my mates but if one of them host it is more of a struggle , host advantage at large.

It could just be a bad host that you're connecting to, since you can't choose a different one you're pretty much stuck on it unfortunately. If only you were experiencing issues we could suggest alternatives to optimise your connection but since you're whole team is suffering its probably the host. 

The host is not playing only spectating and has a 150MB fibre optic connection and from the uk as are the clans we play against. The host does not change only the players we play against and if the opponents have a laggy connection they turn into sponges and melt us in gunfights if the opponents are not lagging we do quite well, surely it can't just be co-incidence? 

ON the fibre theory , I had heard many rumours on the net about fibre and lag comp , it put me off getting fibre right away when my estate got the shinny new cab.

I have just moved from and 6mb adsl+2 line to a 63mb fibre line and there is no difference what so ever in game quality.

I am a twitch shooter so i notice when things are out of sync and fibre is not the issue when games go wonky , i feel it is the dedicated servers that hand out crappy lag comp where one game you smash them next game ur 100ms behind.

This happens on adsl or fibre.

Play on a good xbox host for many games in a row and this does not happen IMO.

On the private host it is strange that it would do this , unless the host has a lot of jitter?

I will add that when i host private matches I smash my mates but if one of them host it is more of a struggle , host advantage at large.

Your lucky, ask most of the people i know who switched from adsl to fibre back on black ops 2 and lag comp made the game awful at times.

To be honest it's only been noticeable to me since the latest game patch which happened to include "Various matchmaking and connectivity improvements." so who knows what they done to the netcode. As i've said above the host is on a 150meg fibre connection and was spectating, not playing so there was no advantage.

It could be the duma fixing it for me so i dont see it but again last night me and the lads clanned up and it was awesome infact i would say it feels better now on fibre than it did on adsl , i went with TalkTalk's backhaul not BT's and my tracerts show better hops than my friends on BT.

Archived