DMZ and firewall?

ChronicBlues82

I have my talk talk router, I have put it in DMZ mode to open nat on ps4 but I left the firewall on! Is this ok? Read somewhere here that the r1 had its own firewall? And when I got the duma it was still running on .3 software and it was plug and play really and ping test was at 24ms... now when I updated to .4 and had to do the DMZ thing the ping reads at 37ms. Could it be the firewall on my d-link router? Plus I want to know if I'm safe...

Cheers guys

Rob psn: ChronicBlues82

The Netduma has a firewall.

I run a two router set up I have the firewall active on both routers with no issues.

Try reboot of the duma from settings / miscellaneous to see if that lowers the pings back to normal.

Also try a reboot of the machine you are testing the pings on.

I was testing through the laptop on the diagnostics bit. I get good-execptional-exectional-no loss but in the readings below I'm getting 37ms ping... we're as I was getting 24ms ping on older software? I'm gonna reboot n try again in a bit, do I need my laptop to wired in order to get a proper reading? Also when I nick my wired connection from my ps4 and plug into laptop it keeps telling me that my wired Internet cable may be broken? But works fine on ps4? Geo filter has been off on my tests..

Archived