can't get rid of Type 2 nat on ps4

doylebl

Not sure what to do to get rid of type 2 nat on ps4.. i have my bell modem in transparent bridge mode and i dmx the R1. Internet and tv work great to my surprise but cannot get a type 1 Nat on ps4 hard connected. Any help would be appreciated. 

Guest Netduma Luke

Do you have the geo-filter enabled when you boot up? If it is enabled, it can block the NAT request which means it is a false reading (i.e. your NAT is actually open)

I don't think you will run into trouble with type 2 NAT on PS4. I have a NAT type 2, was the same with my previous router.

NAT Type 1 (Open) – You are either NOT behind a router/firewall OR you have already DMZ enabled. You shouldn’t run into any issues whilst gaming, but this may cause security issues.
NAT Type 2 (Moderate) -Your PS3/PS4 is connected properly and you shouldn’t run into any issues.
NAT Type 3 (Strict) – You may be able to connect to the PSN and perform downloads/updates other functions may not work as intended.

• Netduma Staff

Type 1 is when the console is connected directly to the modem.

Type 2 is when a router is in use.

Type 3 is when something is wrong.

In your case, type 2 simply means that you are connected to a router (the R1) and not directly to a modem.

i thought that where the actiontec was in bridge mode it wouldn't be considered a modem lol..im a dumb ass lol.....just realized how dumb that was.... keep in mind i haven't slept more then 3 -4 hours a night in about 2 weeks  :wub:

GET SOME SLEEP !!!

Archived