Randomly getting kicked off xbox live

I just got my Netduma R1 router in yesterday and have followed all of the setup steps and now when I get online and start gaming I will randomly get kicked off XBL any suggestions? i looked around and haven't seen any similar topics.

• Netduma Staff

Ill let you know if that works. i hope thats not the case because i like that feature.

Oh, don't worry, if it is then they'll be a way to make it work. That's one of the main features so you'll definitely still be able to use it :)

• Netduma Staff

so far its its looking like  that was the problem i havent been kicked off as of yet.

Ok. Can you enable it again. Now keep an eye on your GeoFilter and when you get kicked off, can you look and see if there is a padlock or a triangle? If there is one that shows up can you click it and get the ID. If it's a triangle, you can also click it and add it to your allowed list.

• Netduma Staff

well i enabled it and know i keep getting a box that pops up with the message something went wrong when trying to ping.

Can you go to the VPN and make sure no devices are enabled and that it is disabled. If that doesn't work then can you follow the other instructions here. And have you been kicked off XBL yet?

• Netduma Staff

alright so I disabled the VPN and now i get a constant ping i'll let you know if i get booted at all anymore. ps i havent said thanks yet so thank you for your help i'm glad that i can actually get solid answers here. :) :)

Ok, awesome. Remember that if you do get kicked off to keep an eye out for the padlock/triangle on the GeoFilter :) And no problem - there is just about always someone on at different times to answer questions :)

• Netduma Staff

Is it possibly for you to test with the GeoFilter off for a while and see if it happens. Maybe it just wasn't left long enough before without the GeoFilter on for the problem to happen again.

Also could you try power cycling your Xbox and Netduma?

so after a while of trying the things that you suggested previously i still find myself getting the same message saying that my sign-in status has changed. i think im going to call my isp in the am and see if they can figure out if its something on there end.

• Netduma Staff

so after a while of trying the things that you suggested previously i still find myself getting the same message saying that my sign-in status has changed. i think im going to call my isp in the am and see if they can figure out if its something on there end.

Ok. Was that with the GeoFilter on and off? To rule out the Netduma, you could connect the Xbox directly to the other router/modem you have and see if you get the errors :)

You could also try changing the ethernet cable, the ethernet port (on the Netduma) and maybe try connecting wirelessly to rule out a dodgy ethernet port on the Xbox.

So I finally called my ISP and found out why I was having so much trouble. it turns ot that what they had given me when i first moved in was a modem/ router they said that they will send a cable modem out and that should fix the problem.

• Netduma Staff

So I finally called my ISP and found out why I was having so much trouble. it turns ot that what they had given me when i first moved in was a modem/ router they said that they will send a cable modem out and that should fix the problem.

Ok, hopefully that sorts out the problem :)

Archived