Lenovo Erazer X510 VS Lenovo K450E, PC Recommendations?

Macabi83

I am trying to decide between these two machines, I dont pc game but I want a computer for live streaming gameplay with an elgatohd60, video editing for youtube and a machine which can last me a few years, I am currently on imac early 2009 but its showing it's age for these tasks.

I know custom might be better but I simply want to buy something retail.

The 450E comes with 32gb memory and the Erazer 16gb 

processor is a (3.60GHz 1600MHz 8MB) in the 450E
vs the 4th Generation Intel Core i7-4770K Processor (3.50GHz 1600MHz 8MB) in the erazer.

http://shop.lenovo.com/us/en/desktops/lenovo/k-series/k...:
http://shop.lenovo.com/us/en/desktops/erazer/x-series/x...:

The Erazer is $200 more looks cooler to me, and slightly less memory , and processor speed, and a really nice keyboard and mouse, worth to pay $200 more, or go with the 450E Instead?

I actually have a variant of the k450e.  It comes with 16gb Ram which is more than enough and the i7-4970 (non k), no discrete GPU (Nvidia/AMD) and use it primarily for the same reasons, recording with el GatoHD (also had hd60 but sold it since I'm not using it as much as I thought I would be).

When using OBS for Twitch, I can stream using "medium" settings at 720p, 60 fps.  It's definitely much quicker when rendering videos too.  

Haven't had an Erazer so can't say much =P.

If you keep it stock, you won't need another PSU.  You could also put the EVGA 980ti if you ever decide to game and also upgrade the PSU.  I added a Samsung 850 EVO, 250GB in there as well.

20150804_175008.jpg

You could put the EVGA 850 g2 in there

20150807_185525.jpg

CX750M is also another option

20150731_183849.jpg

I was looking at the k450E, on sale for $999, based on the current stock configuration, this is really good?

Graphics NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 2GB Memory 32.0GB PC3-12800 DDR3 SDRAM 1600 MHz Hard Drive 2TB 7200 RPM + 8GB SSHD

Processor 4th Generation Intel Core i7-4790 Processor (3.60GHz 1600MHz 8MB)

I was looking at the k450E, on sale for $999, based on the current stock configuration, this is really good?

Graphics NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 2GB Memory 32.0GB PC3-12800 DDR3 SDRAM 1600 MHz Hard Drive 2TB 7200 RPM + 8GB SSHD

Processor 4th Generation Intel Core i7-4790 Processor (3.60GHz 1600MHz 8MB)

So I think that's overpriced if you're never going to game on it at all.  The $700 version is the one I've got and all you'll need :)

Though your getting 32 gig vs 16, the graphics card, I want something thats going to last a while with out me having to mess with it or open it up and upgrade, I am still on Mac from 2009 , I honestly dont mind paying a little more if it's gonna be worth it, you got the $700 one but then , how much more have you thrown on it? just saying?

Bottom line RAM all you essentially need is 8 GB.  16GB is already future proof and they love putting out 32 because of the number game when you won't even take advantage of it at all.

250 SamsungEVO SSD $75-90 -> This is the most essential piece you'll ever need to add to the k450e or any desktop/laptop since the HDD is the biggest bottleneck.

PSU G2 850 supernova $80-130 -> Only if you're ever going to get a strong GPU that needs it.  This is already overkill but if I ever decide to make my own rig, this guy will be going to it.

Graphics Card - > Pending pascal release 2016.

BTW, I'm not a technical expert and this is the 1st time I've ever opened/installed my own CPU components lol.  All I know is after some research, this is a great starter for someone like you/me who only need it for mostly encoding/streaming/work related.  Everything else is just extra and up to you.

The card which the more expensive one comes with any good? 

Graphics NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 2GB   Take a look at this one here, I know it looks pretty cool has overclock button, I think its liquid cooled, comes with led mouse and keyboard lol , worth it? http://shop.lenovo.com/us/en/desktops/erazer/x-series/x510/

To be on the safe side, a 400 watt PSU would suffice for the GTX 950 or 960.  Slickdeals always have some crazy PSU rebates going out so you could easily snag one for $30-80 post rebate and such.

That's if you decide to game on the PC.

I am more of a PS4 gamer, but I just want a real fast computer, general use, recording HD60 full res, editing, live streaming, something that will be viable for few years, I dont plan to buy a pc every 2 years or nothing like that, I want something for the long haul if it makes sence, something thats A best now lol , and still pretty good in 2-3 years.

I am more of a PS4 gamer, but I just want a real fast computer, general use, recording HD60 full res, editing, live streaming, something that will be viable for few years, I dont plan to buy a pc every 2 years or nothing like that, I want something for the long haul if it makes sence, something thats A best now lol , and still pretty good in 2-3 years.

And I'll say it again, the $700 variant is everything you need.  You're essentially paying an extra $500 for outdated, non-essential "upgrades" with the Erazer variety.  

Once you upgrade to a SSD, you honestly won't need another PC for 4+ years as the processor is damn good for all your needs.

Also, if I didn't have the Lenovo yet, I would jump on this deal instead.  Just follow instructions and reap much better rewards :)

http://slickdeals.net/f/8062398-hp-envy-750xt-gaming-desktop-i7-4790-3-5ghz-1tb-hdd-8gb-ddr3-4gb-gtx-970-857-free-shipping

I checked out that system Zio, but I rather have more ram, hd space, computer gaming not something I am thinking about, I just want the fastest beast of a a pc for everything else , allot of speed, memory, hardrive space, the one you recommended seems like a winner for $700, I have been looking for like 1 week and cant find nothing that matches up with all you get for the money, if you know something better let me know, I really want to spend maybe 1,000-1200 tops.

I checked out that system Zio, but I rather have more ram, hd space, computer gaming not something I am thinking about, I just want the fastest beast of a a pc for everything else , allot of speed, memory, hardrive space, the one you recommended seems like a winner for $700, I have been looking for like 1 week and cant find nothing that matches up with all you get for the money, if you know something better let me know, I really want to spend maybe 1,000-1200 tops.

Did you see you could customize it?  I just did it right now.  Seriously if I didn't have mine right now I'd be all over this lol.

Better Processor

16 GB Ram

256 SDD drive

2 TB HDD

970 GPU

500w PSU 

https://store.hp.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/AjaxOrderItemDisplayView?catalogId=10051&storeId=10151&krypto=gSjuhyqUYWr13IKYJKsj4pdik8NaE9RtgzD%2BUs%2B4h3SNK8jpJpqZsm0rlr8IDiVurt%2BMd7hmJGmr%0APE5Y1NtjrnQOQ1%2BJ4gCXi2tIQHqHqqtABq2AFh0R2fU8exX5DU%2BGXOeIK4UR5pDwF1jT4ZKn6A%3D%3D&ddkey=http:AjaxOrderItemDisplayView#! 

custom.png

i highly recommend just doing a custom build.  There are a ton of forums out there for it (and will help you), you can ask for advice here...

- And the parts become reusable for minor upgrades (every four years - new MOBO/CPU/and maybe RAM)

- Hard drives when you see a huge need for space or performance

- PSU every 10 years?

- Case - Almost never...

- DVD Drive - Almost never

this means that you can just switch parts in and out

i highly recommend just doing a custom build.  There are a ton of forums out there for it (and will help you), you can ask for advice here...

- And the parts become reusable for minor upgrades (every four years - new MOBO/CPU/and maybe RAM)

- Hard drives when you see a huge need for space or performance

- PSU every 10 years?

- Case - Almost never...

- DVD Drive - Almost never

this means that you can just switch parts in and out

Listen to abc :)  If I could do it over again I'd have made a custom build.  I want to buy a new case now just to transfer mine over lol

Listen to abc :)  If I could do it over again I'd have made a custom build.  I want to buy a new case now just to transfer mine over lol

definitely, but the issue is when you buy consumer grade (HP/DELL/COMPAC/LENOVO/SAMSUNG/ENTER OTHER COMPANY NAME) they will use non-standard parts.

meaning you won't be able to mount the motherboard into the new case or the power supply they use is a micro magic thing they invented and built and it won't fit into a new case either.

All things being standard and upgradable (some Consumer grade PCs don't have proper upgrade slots or RAM slots).

I know this but I cant put them together my self, I wound up getting this system which arrives in at the end of the month, specs are below, I got allot nice stuff I think , The goal was getting a well rounded PC for live streaming editing, and to remain some what in the game for a 3-4 years at minimum with out having to buy another machine. I think with this stuff if I want to try out some PC gaming I would be ready, no? 

Windows 7 Professional 64
4th Generation Intel® Core™ i7-4790 processor quad-core [3.6GHz, 8MB Shared Cache]
32GB DDR3-1600 DIMM (4x8GB) RAM
256GB SATA 2.5 TLC Solid State Drive
2TB 7200 RPM SATA 6G Hard Drive
4GB Nvidia GeForce GTX 970 [DL DVI-I, HDMI, DP, DP, DP]
500W Power supply
SuperMulti DVD Burner
HP WLAN 802.11 b/g/n 1x1 MCard BT
7-in-1 Media Card Reader, 4 USB Ports (Top), Audio [Top 2USB2.0, 2USB3.0]
Microsoft Office Trial
No Additional Security Software
Integrated Sound, Bang & Olufsen Audio
HP USB volume control Keyboard and USB Optical Mouse

It's more than fine Mac as it's better than the current gen consoles.  You'll be able to run 1080p, 60+fps for most games while maybe reducing to medium or toggling non-essential graphics for the newer ones.

definitely, but the issue is when you buy consumer grade (HP/DELL/COMPAC/LENOVO/SAMSUNG/ENTER OTHER COMPANY NAME) they will use non-standard parts.

meaning you won't be able to mount the motherboard into the new case or the power supply they use is a micro magic thing they invented and built and it won't fit into a new case either.

All things being standard and upgradable (some Consumer grade PCs don't have proper upgrade slots or RAM slots).

I've already changed the PSU and may just end up getting a new Mobo if that's the case.  But from what I rememeber, the current mobo is just a rehashed/named version so might not be an issue.  It's something I'm still on the fence about :P

I know this but I cant put them together my self, I wound up getting this system which arrives in at the end of the month, specs are below, I got allot nice stuff I think , The goal was getting a well rounded PC for live streaming editing, and to remain some what in the game for a 3-4 years at minimum with out having to buy another machine. I think with this stuff if I want to try out some PC gaming I would be ready, no? 

4th Generation Intel® Core™ i7-4790 processor quad-core [3.6GHz, 8MB Shared Cache]

500W Power supply

SuperMulti DVD Burner

Microsoft Office Trial

definitely, it looks fine.  As an engineer 500W seems a little low for:

Mobo

CPU

SSD

HDD

DVD

Video Card

but maybe that's just me being careful, I suppose if I did the math it would be okay but probably ~400W, adding a second video card later would give you more speed but you'd likely cap the Power Supply

• 1 month later...

So any news so far Mac?

500W Power supply
SuperMulti DVD Burner
Microsoft Office Trial

Arrived on Wed, set it up and loving it, super fast, I played sniper elite 3 on it which I got ok steam and the graphics are amazing, I was running that game at like 140fps said the counter.

That sounds awesome Mac!  Make sure to put that FPS to use and maximize the BenQ you've got to go with it.  You'll have to change the HZ setting in the nvidia panel or advanced display settings. :) Also when are we going to see some new awesome 60fps footage? ;)

Archived