Quite frustrated!

Hey NetDuma,

I'll explain the situation.

Currently the duma is unreachable both wired and wireless on a windows 7 laptop. All I get is the yellow exclamation mark telling me that I can't connect to the router.

Honestly I didn't expect to be having such trouble after paying £150. You may say user error, but let me explain.

Originally the router was working mechanically, however the software side seemed temperamental, I wasn't happy with the how the geo options were performing.

My router shipped with firmware 1.03.3. I checked the site and saw that there was a newer firmware version 1.03.4. Naturally I updated the firmware and the router was still accessible however the geo-filter was now performing even worse. This is where the problems began.

So, I decided to do a factory reset. This seemingly has bricked the duma. I cannot access it in any way. I'm not a networking wizard so any suggestions are welcome.

To clarify....... I did a software factory reset in my browser whilst using firmware 1.03.4, I then tried a hardware reset which made no difference. I cannot reach 192.168.88.1 wired or wireless. My current location is Turkey, and the duma is connected to an isp modem/router model: ZTE ZXV10 W300, through the isp ttnet.

Additionally the Netduma R1 is seen in the available connections so it is projecting something, just not a viable connection if that helps. As I said I'm currently unable to connect to the R1 in any way.

This situation is incredibly unfortunate as I had hoped for a more pleasant experience. I hope you're able to reply swiftly. Thank you.

James

• Netduma Staff

Hi Janco, welcome to the forum :)

Hopefully this issue can be sorted quickly for you!

Does the router beep when you plug it in? Is is broadcasting a Wifi signal? Do you have an internet connection through it?

Also, can you make sure you have your computer set up to connect with an automatic IP and not a static one.

Hi Crossy,

The router does beep when plugged in.

It is broadcasting a Wifi signal but no there is no internet through it nor the ability to reach 192.168.88.1. I cannot make any physical connection.

Everything in my network is set to automatic. My configuration should be fine, the issues came after the software factory reset. Could it be a bug on latest firmware?

• Netduma Staff

Hi Crossy,

The router does beep when plugged in.

It is broadcasting a Wifi signal but no there is no internet through it nor the ability to reach 192.168.88.1. I cannot make any physical connection.

Everything in my network is set to automatic. My configuration should be fine, the issues came after the software factory reset. Could it be a bug on latest firmware?

Not sure if it would be a bug - maybe it was caused by pressing the reset button on the back as that isn't recommended.

Can you follow these instructions and see if it fixes your problem.

There doesn't seem to be anything on that page which can help me.

I pressed the hardware reset after the software factory reset made the router unreachable. Here's the ipconfig through ethernet directly connected to the duma.

3YuaiVO.jpg

Er...... 

This might sound bizarre but as soon as I entered the new password netdumar1 the router came to life.

I hope this can help someone else with a similar problem. Incredible, nothing would work, wired or wireless, but as soon as I entered that password it shot to life.

Cheers! I'll be back probably with other queries.

Thanks a lot.

• Netduma Staff

Fantastic news! As this is sorted I'll close the thread but feel free to make a new one if you have anymore questions/issues, especially the one you were having which caused you to factory reset in the first place :)

Archived