few questions

Hello,

First off very cool looking product! im no tech master and really looking to buy one of these to help with destiny living in the uk and have a few questions regarding destiny...

with destiny making bans for people doing network manipulation, I take it the geofilter has nothing to do with that? and i dont run a small risk of getting banned using it?

also from months of trying to combat the lag spikes in destiny to no avail living in the uk, from what i understand destiny changes hosts periodically through the game, does that mean that even with geo filtering at the start, once it switches up hosts i can still lag regardless? or is it that it tries to only match me with uk/europe players and so regardless of host change it makes no difference as the geofilter set the match up good?

also I am unclear as to if this is a router replacement router or just software (either is fine as long as it does its job!) if its not a replacement router and attaches to isp router in some way, has there been any issues with bt infinity home hub 5? as I know the router isnt meant to be great. Would it be worth buying a different router to maximise netduma or would bt homehub 5 be just fine?

does it also mean that matchmaking can take alot longer as its trying to find better hosts if i set it to uk/close europe? I would happily wait for better lag free games but didnt know if it can take aaaaaages or something.

is there any other advise to being in the uk and playing destiny? I am a top %1 in the world pvp player and how ive managed that through how bad destinys lag is I have no idea, but would love a chance to get away from lag as much as possible.

I also take it that if i set this up, and get friends to join my fireteam, it will kind of work for everybody right? as we all live in the uk.

I hope to hear back soon, apologies if these have been answered before, i did try looking and have been reading up on this all morning since i found out about it and will happily purchase if all is cool!

Kind regards

Sammo

I don't play destiny but I will try to help you here...

I don't think this will get you banned, the Netduma team made it clear this router isn't considered "cheating" in any way and even has anti cheat features built in.

In call of duty if the host changes mid-game and it is outside of your geo filter range then it won't connect to that host and you will be brought back to the main menu. I would assume the same thing would happen in destiny if you could not connect to the new host because it was blocked by your geo filter

I believe it will work fine using your existing router, I'm not familiar with bt infinity though since I'm in the US so maybe someone else can help with that.

In call of duty, it extends your wait times to find a game slightly but it depends on your settings. If you're searching for games throughout the UK then you shouldn't have any problems

To make it work with your friends, let them join your party, you'll see their circle on your geo filter map and you add them to your "whitelist" by naming and rating them from 1-100% and then just play like normal. If they are local to you then they will get the benefits of playing on local hosts also.

• Netduma Staff

Hi Sammo, welcome to the forum :)

Mod box seams to have answered your questions!

Just to add, it does work with the HH5. Only problem is some of the HH5s are a bit dodgy. If you could get your hands on a HH4 you'd have no problems with that :)

I haven't heard of anyone getting banned from using the Netduma.

And if you follow the recommended set up instructions you should find games relatively fast with the players close to you. I believe that in destiny, when you have strict mode disabled (which is recommend) there are no issues if the host moves around.

Any more questions feel free to ask!

Ah ok thanks for the answers.

So you CAN be booted from games midmatch by using the geofilter? I read about this and thought it might have been fixed, so it still happens? Does that happen alot? As im guessing it might in destiny...

And why are home hub 4s better? I have one sitting in my drawer, i can switch it over but curios as to why, is it better with netduma or just better all round? :)

Also im still puzzled so sorry if i sound stupid, if geo matches with people within radius, then how can it get booted by people not within radius? Does that mean like after a match starts, if someone leaves, and it puts a random usa player in, and then makes them host, then i get kicked? Or is it more a common reason than that?

Ah sorry just understood your comment with strict mode not being on! So that means if strict mode ISNT on, then i wont get booted with changed hosts? :)

• Netduma Staff

Ah ok thanks for the answers.

So you CAN be booted from games midmatch by using the geofilter? I read about this and thought it might have been fixed, so it still happens? Does that happen alot? As im guessing it might in destiny...

And why are home hub 4s better? I have one sitting in my drawer, i can switch it over but curios as to why, is it better with netduma or just better all round? :)

You can get booted but this happens in CoD. I don't play Destiny but I think having strict mode disabled (and latest cloud update enabled) means it won't happen :)

I had trouble with my HH5 where it kept disconnecting from the internet and turned the blue light orange. This was after I turned off the Wifi as I needed all devices connected to the Netduma. I didn't have this problem when I changed it for the HH4 :)

Also im still puzzled so sorry if i sound stupid, if geo matches with people within radius, then how can it get booted by people not within radius? Does that mean like after a match starts, if someone leaves, and it puts a random usa player in, and then makes them host, then i get kicked? Or is it more a common reason than that?

Again, not sure if this happens in Destiny, but in CoD, if the host leaves and the host migrates to one outside of your GeoFilter then you will get booted. As I said before, not sure if this happens in Destiny but Destiny players can confirm this :)

• Netduma Staff

aha thats a good idea, is there any easy quick way of disabling it without using your computer?

No, you have to be on the Netduma dashboard to disable it. But this could be done from a mobile or even the PS4 browser - it doesn't have to be a computer :)

• Netduma Staff

ah on my phone? cool, thanks alot for all the help once i get one ill let you know how it goes, do you want me to repost on this thread with my results or shall i make a new one :)

There is also an IOS app being made :) Are you ok to make a new thread when you get it? If that's ok I'll close this one :)

• Netduma Staff

fantastic, ill be buying one within the hour, thanks very much for all your help crossy, close away!

Ok, awesome! I'll close the thread but if you have any questions, feel free to make another one :)

Archived