Destiny Taken King Thread:

ByMgRs

I thought it would be a good idea to make a thread where everyone who plays destiny can post taken king info.

To start it off today here are a few new articles:

Sparrow racing?

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2015/08/12/new-details-revealed-in-our-exclusive-destiny-the-taken-king-hands-on-impressions.aspx

Campaign length: 

https://goo.gl/gOgnFK

Suros arsenal pack preorder bonus:

https://www.bungie.net/en/News/News?aid=13270

Yesterdays hotfix notes (husk of the pit patch):

https://www.bungie.net/7_Destiny-Hot-Fix--08112015/en/News/News?aid=13383

Are you guys looking forward to it?

I refuse to re-buy content we've already had to buy once (HoW; TDB) for some minor additions + making the game the way it should have been at lauch.

All of us who bought the game last year were paying to beta test it, IMO.

Players brand new to Destiny, in year two, will have a superior experience. Less grinding, more back story, a traditional leveling and loot system not predicated on RNG, etc.

I initially sold Destiny (PS4) about a month after I bought it, but picked up a digital copy (PS4) for about half from a legit third-party site. I did this because I thought TTK was going to be just like the other two expansions and be around $20. Low and behold, A$$tivision pulls this crap where you have to buy some collector's edition of the game to get this new expansion. That's just blatant greed and I will not support these kinds of business practices... Even though I can easily afford it. It's the principle.

I will just wait until it's half off and the next "Super Duper, Ultra-Expensive Expansion Pack" is released because this is what  A$$tivision does best. I guarantee they will release TTK at a much lower price once it doesn't sell as well as the previous two.

Sorry for the rant, but I am not alone in realizing what crappy & borderline unethical business practices Bungie and A$$tivision are using in Destiny. CoD is bad enough, but that's tolerable because at least they don't make you re-buy content you already have and don't wall it off in "special editions".

I refuse to re-buy content we've already had to buy once (HoW; TDB) for some minor additions + making the game the way it should have been at lauch.

Players brand new to Destiny, in year two, will have a superior experience. Less grinding, more back story, a traditional leveling and loot system not predicated on RNG, etc.

I initially sold Destiny (PS4) about a month after I bought it, but picked up a digital copy (PS4) for about half from a legit third-party site. I did this because I thought TTK was going to be just like the other two expansions and be around $20. Low and behold, A$$tivision pulls this crap where you have to buy some collector's edition of the game to get this new expansion. That's just blatant greed and I will not support these kinds of business practices... Even though I can easily afford it. It's the principle.

I will just wait until it's half off and the next "Super Duper, Ultra-Expensive Expansion Pack" is released because this is what  A$$tivision does best. I guarantee they will release TTK at a much lower price once it doesn't sell as well as the previous two.

Sorry for the rant, but I am not alone in realizing what crappy & borderline unethical business practices Bungie and A$$tivision are using in Destiny. CoD is bad enough, but that's tolerable because at least they don't make you re-buy content you already have and don't wall it off in "special editions".

you can just buy the DLC its self without all the previous bits direct on the xbox and playstation stores...

I 100% agree but sadly I have given into activision a long time ago, I play destiny probably 10+ hours a week and 40 is not a big investment if it means the gam will last me a few more months, yes it is wrong but I have no choice if i want to play the game. If you want it for free, buy this edition from amazon: 

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Destiny-The-Taken-King-PS4/dp/B00ZF6ZUK4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1439488248&sr=8-1&keywords=taken+king

use the codes and return it for free within 30 days and amazon will give you a full refund. and amazon returns policy says you are allowed to do this, you can use a product (to use it properly you must try out the dlc ;)   ) and then if it isnt what you wanted you can return it.

you can just buy the DLC its self without all the previous bits direct on the xbox and playstation stores...

Where?

I am genuinely curious because the only TTK items I have found on sites and the MS and Sony stores is the Digital Deluxe Edition that is $80 USD. This includes all three expansions, but that's the whole point I am trying to make. I don't need HoW, or TDB. I just want TTK because of the reworking of the core game mechanics...

I dont believe you can preorder the ttk dlc, only the collectors edition. a few days before the launch a compulsory update will come out for EVERYONE, then on the 15th of september you can launch destiny, a pop up will appear saying you can buy the ttk and then you buy it and it lets you play the downloaded content

Archived