which speed test result should i use?

HI all 

i am in the process of installation of my netduma , i am at the point where i have my mac and phone hooked up to the netduma via wifi nothing else,  previous speed check results using my vigin home hub my results were 90 down and 6 up, however now I've gone to the netduma my results are 45 down and 6 up 

so my question is what results should i use on the setup page? and will speeds improve when set up correctly ?

thanks !

Guest Netduma_Iain

HI Stew,

Thanks for the purchasing the router.  I'd recommend you go to "congestion control" & at the anti-flood section select "reactive". Also make sure in the "Set Bandwidth" and set it to 90 down and 6 up. 

Then for the speed test result make sure you have anti-flood set to 100% for up & down :) 

HI Stew,

Thanks for the purchasing the router.  I'd recommend you go to "congestion control" & at the anti-flood section select "reactive". Also make sure in the "Set Bandwidth" and set it to 90 down and 6 up. 

Then for the speed test result make sure you have anti-flood set to 100% for up & down :)

HI Iain thanks for your speedy reply , no doubt i will have a few more questions as i work through the installation process hope you don't mind 

What I hate is that you can run that speed test 10 times and get 10 different results. Lol

Yea i get where your coming from,  but i am a bit anal when it comes to speeds and tent to run one at least a couple of times a week , first sign of a dodgy death and am straight on speed test lol

What I hate is that you can run that speed test 10 times and get 10 different results. Lol

That's pretty normal, it depends on what test server you're connected to and what kind of load it's under plus your own ISPs level of congestion.  Best policy I'd say is to try a few speedtests from different servers and take an average.

That's pretty normal, it depends on what test server you're connected to and what kind of load it's under plus your own ISPs level of congestion.  Best policy I'd say is to try a few speedtests from different servers and take an average.

In my opinion I take speedtests with a real grain of salt. If you really want to check the connection, get a file like an ISO from a good peer and check real world throughput. ISPs know when you are performing a speed test and manipulate connections for better results I believe.

For me I found it out by having someone come over from the ISP to check my connection and he measured it with some equipment it said I had 130 down and 10 up when I should have advertised speed is 200 mb down 10 up so upload is okay that's if you really want to know what kind of connection you have... 

Archived