Devices disconnecting from netduma

devices connected to the r1 seem to simultaneously disconnect.

For example, this evening two iPads and the tv all disconnected at the same time.

I didn't have this issue with my previous router.

My best guess is that it might be DHCP lease time, but my best guess could be way off. :-)

Any suggestions? Thanks

Guest Netduma_Iain

Hi strodoggydogg,

Are all the devices wireless? If so it sounds like you may have an old router with wireless as well. So the devices are flipping between the two wireless networks. I'd recommend you disable the wireless on the other router. 

The lease time is currently 12 hours.

I actually use a tp-link for the wireless. It is connected to r1 via Ethernet. DHCP is also disabled on tp link and it has an IP address outside range of r1 dhcp.

The wireless is disabled on the r1.

I neglected to mention that the to is connected via a wired connection so it may not be the wireless changing networks issue.

Thanks all

Yes I think so....

It has an IP address of the netduma in the LAN setting tab as per tp link documents. It's also connected using a LAN port and not the wan.

It doesn't actually have a bridge mode setting perhaps that's the problem? It's a tl-wr1043nd

The obvious solution would be to use wifi of netduma but to link has a very good wireless connection.

Yeah they do indeed show up in device manager. I can even get an open NAT when connecting PS3 via wifi on tp link so netduma is definitely working its upnp magic (previously I had to either port forward or use dmz)

I am trying to be forward thinking so if we got an ac router in the coming years, the netduma could always stay upstream to any wireless AP.

Thanks.

Sorry - I had logged off for last night and only picking this up now.

I was thinking about the problem, and you never actually loose the wifi connection to the tp-link, but when it cuts out, you can't access the router or the internet - very strange. 

Within a minute or so, it starts working again....

To make the process as efficient as possible, I'll remove the tp-link and connect everything to netduma. If there are no drop outs, we can figure out where the problem lies.

Thanks all

yes - but the weird thing is that the tv is connected to a LAN port, and it too drops out.....

then you are likely not suffering from the issue you think, there is a bug that lilstone is working with Iain on...basically if you utilize a large amount of bandwidth the router kills all network

then you are likely not suffering from the issue you think, there is a bug that lilstone is working with Iain on...basically if you utilize a large amount of bandwidth the router kills all network

That might be the case - it always happens as soon as my other half starts netflix - it's insane how much bandwidth it sucks up (even with a 70 down connection)

Plus my other half has uttered the mortal words - "this has only happened since your gaming router appeared"   - the implication being abundantly clear......  :wacko:

So can I pass on the message that this is a "bug" and will be fixed in the future? There is no way the R1 is ever leaving my network!  :)

That might be the case - it always happens as soon as my other half starts netflix - it's insane how much bandwidth it sucks up (even with a 70 down connection)

Plus my other half has uttered the mortal words - "this has only happened since your gaming router appeared"   - the implication being abundantly clear......  :wacko:

So can I pass on the message that this is a "bug" and will be fixed in the future? There is no way the R1 is ever leaving my network!  :)

indeed, I think you belong to our class action issue...here are some links:

http://forum.netduma.com/topic/688-wifi-issue-low-txn-rate-when-using-large-amount-of-bandwidth/

http://forum.netduma.com/topic/532-sudden-high-ping-connection-netduma-has-something-to-do-with-this/page-2

Archived