Partying up?

Tubbie.t

Guest Netduma_Iain

Hi Tubbie.T

In the new upgrade .7 coming out later today hopefully, you should put all your friends in your allow list. So click their circle, give them a name and rate them 100%. Then you should be fine to play with them anytime :)

Hi Tubbie.T

In the new upgrade .7 coming out later today hopefully, you should put all your friends in your allow list. So click their circle, give them a name and rate them 100%. Then you should be fine to play with them anytime :)

if he doesn't mess up again :)

While partying up there should be allow settings but maybe somehow not let them host some of my friends have decent internet but not hosting internet and it makes them host over me when I should always pull host over them 50/50 Verizon FiOS over a 2/ .5 MBS random provider . and is there something in the coding stopping me from being host? And I'm still connecting to aw cloud servers in central usa even though I blocked it and it's outside my radius as I'm n new York?

Guest Netduma_Iain

Hi Alpha,

You can't force someone to be host the game picks the best host out of all the people I believe. Sorry I'm not sure what you mean by the cloud servers.

I call it a cloud server but it's the aw server in Kansas it always connects me to games hosted from there were I just get frustrated by people teleporting and sponging everything I shoot at them while I'm on the 4 bar and they are 2 or 3 bar I know my connection is good so I don't understand why I would be struggling so bad on a dedicated server besides the fact of distance from the server as I'm in central new York and it is in kansas

Guest Netduma_Iain

Kansas is pretty far can you try reduce your geo-filter size slightly to avoid Kansas. Also make sure to have stirct mode enabled please.

I usually keep keep it on 1089 km the second snap. And it still connects to the Kansas server. Also I'm in strict and reactive but I haven't noticed a difference in preemptive and reactive.? Any other reasons it would still connect other than bad cod programming?

Guest Netduma_Iain

So Kansas is within the 1089km range? If so thats bad at all I often play on ranges that big. I quickly looked on the map and it seemed like NYC/Kansas was quite far. Why don't you try using only 1 level of snap and see if that is better for you.

Pre-emptive/Reactive are there to stop other people are your house causing you to lag. So you won't notice a difference unless other people are download/uploading heavily. 

Hopefully that helps. Please let me know how you get on.

Kasas is outside the filter range and strict is on. I'm in central new York 15 miles from Syracuse new York not in NYC lol. Still connect to those dedicated servers. Unless it's just not showing a host during the game.

Guest Netduma_Iain

Could you take a screenshot please when this next happens. Try get as much of the geo-filter and settings above it as possible please :)

Guest Netduma_Iain

Ok mate that is just a version 6 issue. I made a mistake of not showing all hosts in version .6.  The host will be within your range you just can't see it. In version .7 released very soon you'll see all hosts. Sorry about that I stupidly thought hiding the info would help our new users. I was very wrong.

Guest Netduma_Iain

Its hard to estimate with software. I had planned to get it out last weekend but it had some bugs in it. I'm retesting this evening hopefully bugs are gone.

We never change the brightness of anything :) 

Guest Netduma_Iain

Latin ha! My neam is actually iain with an 'i' but don't worry everyone makes that mistake. Long story short you're on a dedicated server I didn't want people to block them by mistake. I've now just disabled the blocking feature for them.

Archived