multiple settings saved.

I would like to save my settings so I can set them at a click of a button.

For example when am on xbox one I have it set up towards that. Same with xbox 360 or my android tv.

Do you understand what I mean.

That would be 3 different settings but I would like to configure them and select them via one click.

Cheers

I completely understand what you mean,

Multiple geo-filter configurations, and other tool configurations...

Saved as Xbox One, Xbox 360...etc

This will likely be added once they get `localStorage` working...then they can just save each as JSON that loads to the router.

Guest Netduma_Iain

Thanks for the suggestion mate, we actually thought of adding a "profile" before the launch. But it just complicated  matters and would have slowed down development. So we left it out. I'm going to start using polls, so if this is something people want we can definitely do it. 

Just thinkng it would be great if you could choose your saved settings from a mobile app instead of having to turn laptop on everytime before your gaming session to set it up.

Make sence ?? lol

Guest Netduma Fraser

Just thinkng it would be great if you could choose your saved settings from a mobile app instead of having to turn laptop on everytime before your gaming session to set it up.

Make sence ?? lol

If this was to be implemented you would be able to do this by accessing the control panel via a mobile web browser just like you access the control panel now, we don't have an app currently but the effect would be the same :).

if this is done I suggest automatic profile switching for the device actively using a game if possible. The saved ONE servers and clients are quite irrelevant for the PS4. With the ONE having done a bad hardware dev job there now are more people than ever having both PS4 and ONE.

Maybe do this only on the relevant pages, I did not use the Netduma enough to say where that is but the Geofilter for sure.

if this is done I suggest automatic profile switching for the device actively using a game if possible. The saved ONE servers and clients are quite irrelevant for the PS4. With the ONE having done a bad hardware dev job there now are more people than ever having both PS4 and ONE.

Maybe do this only on the relevant pages, I did not use the Netduma enough to say where that is but the Geofilter for sure.

don't forget to clear UPnP when the device switch happens (if they are only going to play one at once)...

since most people might leave both on they'll need to learn to port forward.

I like roads idea though.

Automatic would require fixed Ips and UpnP off then? The netduma can do already.

yup, and only 1 of them on at a time (since it would have to do it based off of network traffic...i suppose they could add counters and see which of the lets say 3 devices.

|                  Xbox One                  |                  PS4                  |                  Xbox 360                  |

On                                           On                                           Off

If we have the above we know that we don't want the xbox 360 config, but to figure out which of the other two configs, PS4, or Xbox One you'd have to monitor both of those devices and figure out which is sending/receiving more network traffic.

if this is not added its hard config work every time you use the other console and Netduma. 

do you mean simply for the geo-filter? because it will auto detect that it is playstation right? or do you have to change this manually?

I like the ideal of having profiles one could save, per console and per game.

Profile examples:

1. XB1 (top menu)

- Ghosts: Home Location, 1666KM, Preemptive 70-70

- XB1 AW: Home Location, 700KM, Preemptive 70-70

2. PS3 (top menu)

- BlOps2: Home Location, 400KM, Re-active 50-50

Automating it so that a profile is enabled without user interaction is a nice to have. Being able to select manually for now, I would be happy with that.

Sim

Guest Netduma Fraser

any sign of this feature coming yet?

Probably not, right now Geo-filter has most of our attention. Once the upgrade goes out soon we can start working on things like this.

Archived