Unable to get UPnP working for PC

Hi, 

I have PC and PS5 running on R3 directly connected to the ONT (PPPoE). 

UPnP works with the PS5 fine and get open NAT. 

PC does not and needs port 3097 open. No entries show under UPnP for the PC but do for the PS5. PC has moderate NAT.

If I port forward for the PC I get an open NAT.

Is there anything anyone can suggest as I would really like UPnP to work with both devices. 

I have IPV6 disabled on wan and lan and have tried changing the PC device type to console and computer. Local windows firewall reset and allows traffic through on the games I play.

Thanks

2 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Where are you testing the NAT type exactly? When you're testing it is the console also in use at the time? If so if you use the PC first is it on open?

Hi Fraser,

I'm using the in game network settings that tells me when NAT is open or moderate. 

I have tested with or without the console in use, no difference.

I've put the console in DMZ and also no difference. 

19 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

If you disable the Geo-Filter for the PC and restart the game does it appear open then?

No unfortunately not. No entries on the UPnP screen except for the PS5 which come up straight away. Moderate NAT shown with MW3 network settings info.

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Do the same please but also close the battle.net client down please on the PC then start it up again, in theory that should trigger it to request the ports

I run it from steam not battlenet and steam must be running to play the game 

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Okay Steam then please, I realize that but you're rebooting the game in this instance so if you close steam as well including from the system tray

Did following:

started steam

started MW3

Signed out of steam and closed down. MW3 closes with it automatically.

Signed into steam again no change, no UPnP connection, still moderate.

Sorry just isnt working for some reason but works fine for PS5

21 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Could you try the latest Early Access build and see if it works better then please?

Upgraded to .273 no difference I'm afraid. My PC is not requesting ports from the R3 or they are not being picked up. Open to suggestions. Is this a PPoE direct connection to ONT thing? or a windows 11 thing?

1 minute ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Could be PPPoE potentially, do you have another router you can test with to handle that and then connect the R3 to it and see if it triggers properly?

No im afraid I do not.

@Netduma Fraser on the subject of the Geofilter. If I have geolatency switched on what happens to these settings? Are they still applied, get cancelled or does their functionality change at all?

• Strict Mode
  • Ping Assist
  • Allowed or Denied Servers

Many thanks

15 minutes ago, Stilts29 said:

@Netduma Fraser on the subject of the Geofilter. If I have geolatency switched on what happens to these settings? Are they still applied, get cancelled or does their functionality change at all?

• Strict Mode
  • Ping Assist
  • Allowed or Denied Servers

Many thanks

Thanks for info. It would be a really helpful feature to be able to allow/deny servers from the Ping Heatmap screen or maybe even merge PH and GF screens together? Any plans for anything like that?

• Administrators
26 minutes ago, Stilts29 said:

Thanks for info. It would be a really helpful feature to be able to allow/deny servers from the Ping Heatmap screen or maybe even merge PH and GF screens together? Any plans for anything like that?

There are plans to merge the two features in future yes, as you can imagine it's quite a big job and would need to be done carefully and if we can't do that we may not do it but if we can don't expect it soon