League of legends

I really want some better support for league of legends. When adding the game to geo-filter it just shows as inactive, and it doesnt ping any servers when in-game on V4.0.236. (Tested with filtering disabled and enabled.) The game isnt recognized in smartboost either

Exitlag has support for league of legends route optimization and give a decent improvement to the ping on EUW servers. My friend gets 10 less ping than me with exitlag enabled on a basic isp router

• Administrators

I don't think anyone has requested this game as it's not our demographic and we tested it many years ago and it didn't work with the Geo-Filter and just caused you to get penalties so we just left it alone. I'll ask the team to test it for use with SmartBOOST, Steady Ping etc.

5 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

I don't think anyone has requested this game as it's not our demographic and we tested it many years ago and it didn't work with the Geo-Filter and just caused you to get penalties so we just left it alone. I'll ask the team to test it for use with SmartBOOST, Steady Ping etc.

Sounds to me like you have a untapped market with new customers! Ping in league of legends is very important, and there is a huge player base. But the whole "pc optimization" stuff isnt to known in the main league of legends community since the game is very easy to run on your computer

Would it be to any help if I ran and collected some wireshark data, or do you already have that?

• 2 months later...
On 8/10/2024 at 7:28 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

That's true, with Steady Ping it does open up games/markets we couldn't fully improve before! We'd never say no to some captures, it would certainly help speed it up, thanks!

https://forum.netduma.com/topic/51505-adding-new-games-and-applications-to-dumaos/

I see that league of legends has been added to v4.0.290, really appreciate it!

I would like to follow up with some questions and discoveries after testing it briefly.

• My ingame ping says 48ms for most games. But geofilter says between 14-20ms. Is one of them wrong or are they measuring two different connections?
  • Geofilter also only show "Host: London" server when playing. The host doesn't show before when in the league client window, but only appears when connecting to the actual match. Is the host an actual game server or is it just a client server the match sends information to?
  • If I manually deny "host:London" on my server list Im not able to connect to the match. Also tried to reopen the client after blocking it, then searching for a match with same result.

Im located in Norway so there should be other server options for me. My friend of mine that use Exitlag vpn says it connects him to a server in the Netherlands. I tried with steady ping disabled and enabled where I might have seen a slight decrease in the ping but no changes for the server related stuff

Skjermbilde 2024-10-17 222147.png

Skjermbilde 2024-10-17 231735.png

• Administrators
42 minutes ago, A_F said:

I see that league of legends has been added to v4.0.290, really appreciate it!

I would like to follow up with some questions and discoveries after testing it briefly.

• My ingame ping says 48ms for most games. But geofilter says between 14-20ms. Is one of them wrong or are they measuring two different connections?
  • Geofilter also only show "Host: London" server when playing. The host doesn't show before when in the league client window, but only appears when connecting to the actual match. Is the host an actual game server or is it just a client server the match sends information to?
  • If I manually deny "host:London" on my server list Im not able to connect to the match. Also tried to reopen the client after blocking it, then searching for a match with same result.

Im located in Norway so there should be other server options for me. My friend of mine that use Exitlag vpn says it connects him to a server in the Netherlands. I tried with steady ping disabled and enabled where I might have seen a slight decrease in the ping but no changes for the server related stuff

It still won't work with the Geo-Filter for filtering so denying servers will not work out for you it will just prevent you getting games. We added it so you can use Steady Ping, Ping and see where the servers are but I don't think it will filter. You can just using Geo-Latency but there is no guarantee.

It depends, they may be adding processing delay on top in game (all games have it they just don't all show it) and the difference in ping would be about right if that is it.

It would be the game server.