Can't connect to interface

I have a very similar problem with my R2. ive had it since last november and on the whole its worked fine. but starting today, ive had to reboot it 3 times.

The problem is all of a sudden i cant connect to the netduma via either wifi or ethernet. I cant even ping the router.

im on 3.3.280

ive downloaded the log file but it looks to me like when you turn off power to the router it wipes the logs? is that true?

any ideas?

log-1721761616053.txt

well no, i couldnt even ping the netduma, so no the internet wasnt available. windows devices via ethernet were showing the globe icon "no connection" instead of the usual monitor(internet access) icon. mobiles just couldnt see the wifi networks at all, no sids listed.

i couldnt browse to the netduma via the web interface either, so i wont be able to grab the log file to tell whats going on i presume....

Its what happened to me loads. I would go to do stuff on the os game related and couldn't connect. The internet would work fine. All i had to do was restart.

But as to my other thread every so often my devices couldn't connect to the web yet i could run speed test on the router amd get to the gui

https://forum.netduma.com/topic/56321-r2-wifi-and-ethernet-keeps-dropping-internet/

thanks for replying but that sounds slightly different to my issue.

i cant get to the gui at all. all the lights are on the router as usual when it happens. power/internet/wifi and lan.

I have BT FTTC, so i have my old bt openreach modem (white box). that also had all the usual lights on green, DSL etc. so pretty sure the internet connection isnt an issue.

I must say, dumaos should really have a better logging system in place. the fact theyre wiped out before a reboot makes them fairly pointless as a restart in most cases is involved during troubleshooting.

if this continues i presume i'll have to claim under warranty and have it replaced? i'll see how we get on tomorrow.

• Administrators
38 minutes ago, tedrodgers said:

well no, i couldnt even ping the netduma, so no the internet wasnt available. windows devices via ethernet were showing the globe icon "no connection" instead of the usual monitor(internet access) icon. mobiles just couldnt see the wifi networks at all, no sids listed.

i couldnt browse to the netduma via the web interface either, so i wont be able to grab the log file to tell whats going on i presume....

Set a static IP on the PC with the following details

IP address: 192.168.77.100

Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0

Default gateway: 192.168.77.1

DNS: 192.168.77.1

If you're not sure how to do this, you can check this guide: https://kb.netgear.com/27476/How-do-I-set-a-static-IP-address-in-Windows then try accessing 192.168.77.1 please and see if it works.

57 minutes ago, tedrodgers said:

thanks for replying but that sounds slightly different to my issue.

i cant get to the gui at all. all the lights are on the router as usual when it happens. power/internet/wifi and lan.

I have BT FTTC, so i have my old bt openreach modem (white box). that also had all the usual lights on green, DSL etc. so pretty sure the internet connection isnt an issue.

I must say, dumaos should really have a better logging system in place. the fact theyre wiped out before a reboot makes them fairly pointless as a restart in most cases is involved during troubleshooting.

if this continues i presume i'll have to claim under warranty and have it replaced? i'll see how we get on tomorrow.

Its a different issue, but i also had what you said. I couldn't access the GUI so could change anything or add GEO stuff. I still had internet though.

14 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Set a static IP on the PC with the following details

IP address: 192.168.77.100

Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0

Default gateway: 192.168.77.1

DNS: 192.168.77.1

If you're not sure how to do this, you can check this guide: https://kb.netgear.com/27476/How-do-I-set-a-static-IP-address-in-Windows then try accessing 192.168.77.1 please and see if it works.

Hi fraser

Its fine i work in IT so i know how to do this stuff. I presume you are trying to see if this is a dhcp issue?

I checked at the time when it last broke and the windows laptop did still have an IP. and im not sure why even a ping wasn't working.

I presume you want me to try this the next time it stops working? as of right now its been up since yesterday.

• 2 weeks later...

just to say that i havent had any similar issues yet. however i did do something that might have been the reason.

I noticed that the network spider diagram thing was showing hundreds of disconnected/offline devices, that i guess have just grown over time. so i wondered if that for some reason was causing issues, because when i hovered over each one they still showed ip addresses assigned.

now i dont know what the software does in terms of clearing out the dhcp pool but i wondered if my issues were because it had run out of ip's and hence why  couldnt connect to the router, even though it was showing online.

anyway, i clicked the button (cant remember the exact name) , that supposedly deletes all the offline devices. and once they were gone i rebooted the router and its been fine since.

could be a co-incidence, but i thought it was worth mentioning incase someone has anythign similar.

• Administrators

I mean in theory that could make sense, however, you'd need just over 250 devices that have connected to the router, is that accurate? Glad it's not come around again though, thanks for the update! 

yeh i realise it would take 250 ish to use them up, i dont think we have that many devices, i guess it depends if they get assigned a new ip and then the old one isnt released....it was just a coincidence that its been fine since.

• Administrators

It's certainly possible, especially if you had a device that connected via ethernet and WiFi at different points, they'd each appear as a different device. Glad it's still working!